Captain on the Bridge - Term V

Well, I think it's senseless to just appoint someone, if he does not want the job.

The problem is that right now we urgently need someone who is on regularly and willing to do the job, as many negotiations are coming. I regard this position as one of the most important at this stage of the game. Our chances for success in this game strongly depends on the capability of our contact person for other teams!!!

The first one who comes to my mind would be dutchfire, as he already did that job.

As currently the Commander in Chief position is not that exciting, maybe Greybeard would like to take over an additional job?

And what about Cyc? You are online more often lately...What about you?

DenyD already mentioned that he does not feel like doing this job...

If I missed someone, who is willing to do that job, please feel free to express it...

Please give me your statements on my proposals!

You'd be taking your chances having me as an ambassador. I am already irritated about our lack of progress with other tribes. I would press for deals that behoove us to a great extent and brush off patronizing offers. I wouldn't play the position as it was really meant to be, although I have done negotiations in other MTDGs before and did have success.

I would need all the contact info. And a lot of elbow room. Trust me, I won't shoot anyone unless we vote on it first. ;)

You'd be taking your chances having me as an ambassador. I am already irritated about our lack of progress with other tribes. I would press for deals that behoove us to a great extent and brush off patronizing offers. I wouldn't play the position as it was really meant to be, although I have done negotiations in other MTDGs before and did have success.

I would need all the contact info. And a lot of elbow room. Trust me, I won't shoot anyone unless we vote on it first. ;)

Alright, as he's willing to take on this job and we are in urgent need of someone beating deals out of the guts of our opponents, I appoint Cyc as our new Chief Ambassador for the remainder of this term.

But one thing @Cyc: When dealing with the other teams, keep in mind that everything you do should aid our team and not make the situation worse ;) . You expressed some unhappyness about the way some of the other teams - like GONG regarding contact with FREE - act and you are right. But still we want to get something from them!

Thank you for doing the job and I wish you much success! :salute:

Cool. Do you have all the contact information?

Which chat system do you use? I have contact info for all teams for MSN messenger.

I think everybody read the comment of Wotan in the Turn Tracker thread about his concerns regarding the survival of the game.

I find it interesting that nobody commented on this anywhere so far...

I have the impression that the latest delay resulted from missing participation from BABEs members...

What are the thoughts in our team regarding this matter?

I have sent the turn now. But I am seriously questioning the chances this game will stay alive for long.

The only reason the game wouldn't continue is if everybody on a team is unwilling or unable to play the save. Even if Babe has almost no participation, as long as Wotan is playing, the game can continue.

All I can read into his comment is that he is considering quitting. I don't know if he is looking for people to massage his ego and beg him to stay on, or if he is looking for approval for quitting, but either way I am happy to ignore him.

Actually, this is news to me (I've unscribbed to the seemingly endless stream of GPS').

How long has it been since Babe threatened to quit? Maybe their "I need attention' buzzer went off. Having a 5yo son I'm quite aware of the need for attention that children. Let's just turn on SpongeBob or Jimmy Neutron and they'll be fine.

This might just be me, but aren't Beorn el-Feared and Whomp on Team Babe too? You know, the ones getting 5 minute turn-around times in the Council-Babe match? Would it be silly to propose that one of them plays the save for Babe if Wotan can't?

This might just be me, but aren't Beorn el-Feared and Whomp on Team Babe too? You know, the ones getting 5 minute turn-around times in the Council-Babe match? Would it be silly to propose that one of them plays the save for Babe if Wotan can't?

Funny, but I had exactly the same thought...

As it seems to become an issue, I want to ask the questions here.

What are the feelings within our team.

A-Continue
B-stop
C-don't care

Just a first inquiry...

I have to say that, if there is a team which is not interested in the game anymore, it's a problem for all teams. I don't think that Wotan should be forced to continue just to please the other teams. I have to admit that I feel some sympathy for him for trying to continue the game almost alone.

So I'd say either stop the game, or let the one listless team (here BABE) leave the game and find a solution for the then free continent/island...

My choice would be to continue any way possible.

Most of the players in this game have put in many hours of their time towards the ultimate goal of winning. Ending the game because one team has lost interest would be a waste for the rest of us.

I wouldn't be terribly upset if the game ended.

It seems unrealistic to ask Babe to continue in this game since apparently nobody on that team has both the time and the inclination. Having a team drop out now changes the landscape dramatically in a way that affects each remaining team differently and unequally. I am a very competitive person, and I am proud to have been a part of the winning team in the first game, but I feel that if Babe quits, then whoever wins this game will have an asterisk next to their victory.

That being said, I'm not asking for the game to end, and if the game does go on with or without Babe, I will still make every effort to ensure that SABER is the last one standing.

I'd say continue the game. I've had, and I am still having lots of fun in doing diplomacy, discussing strategy and writing announcements. I would appreciate a slightly higher pace, of course, but I can live with the current speed.

I would say let Babe retire. I feel for Wotan also, but hey. It's just a game. Let's finish it and start a new one. One where ship building is not a requirement...

The speed of this game is slow, but it's not turning toooo slowly for my RL situation. I'm not complaining here. I'm just glad I can be a part of the SABER Team! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom