capturing Acheron

Arcite36575

Warlord
Quick question: On one of my games with an earlier version, I used a beastmaster to capture Acheron. It was kind of fun having a dragon for one of the nondragon using civs (albiet a weak one to use).

I've noticed on the .31 version, that Acheron's movement has been set to 0. Does that mean that he's useless to try to capture now?

Hmm.. I've never tried capturing him. He's not completely useless.. you could use him as the most elite of guards. If you have to move him, you can probably teleport him late in the game. Lazy Acheron :p

if your the amurites could you train haste with govannon?

Well, I think that teleport would work if he casted it (it only effects the caster, and it works though python, and I don't think it can be resisted), but it is now a Chanter-only spell; there is no way for him to use this. He is immune to spells like haste and heal though.

If you meant using an Obsidian gate, this is quite possible (it is not a spell at all, but the airlift ability from vanilla), but he would have to be in a city with the gate. I believe that when you capture him he will be moves to the attacker's old tile, out of the city, so you would have to move him into the city first.

You can still load him into a Ship (requiring he be in a city so the ship can get to his tile) or into the Trojan Horse to move him.

Acheron (like all other Beast Class units) can get the mobility 1 (but not mobility 2) promotion when he gains a level. It is often best to weaken him with a wave of weaker units to give him some xp, and to capture him before the Barbs can purchase a combat promotion instead of mobility.

(In my modmod you could also load him into a Tesseract, my Dimensional 3 summon, and then paradrop the summon and its cargo him to any tile within a fairly large range.)

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks MagisterCultuum,

I think I'll be always killing him from now on then. He seems too much of a hassle to try to capture (with proper promotions) and then use effectively.

(...) You can still load him into a Ship (requiring he be in a city so the ship can get to his tile) or into the Trojan Horse to move him.
Acheron (like all other Beast Class units) can get the mobility 1 (but not mobility 2) promotion when he gains a level. It is often best to weaken him with a wave of weaker units to give him some xp, and to capture him before the Barbs can purchase a combat promotion instead of mobility.

Excellent advises!!! Finally I get an answer this problem and it gives now a total different value to the TROJAN HORSE, which I found underused up till now...
With the Trojan, you can move Acheron to any land spot and Acheron would then be a super watch tower...
Great idea!! THANK YOU!!!:)
As Acheron moves 1 cell toward the "anti-beast" attacker and ends up outside its city, I used to raze the city, then build a new city under Acheron. Extream measure, but then I can airlift my super defender...

Top Bottom