Caravans during war

Still kinda weirded out how caravans just disappear if they are trading with a civ that you declare war on (or if they declare war on you). I think the following would make more sense.

• If war is declared and the trade unit is in your territory, it doesn't get destroyed. You can simply start a new trade route with another city (obviously, not the one you're at war with)
  • If war is declared and the trade unit is in THE ENEMY'S your territory, it gets captured and sent to the enemy's capital (cant be destroyed). If you win the war, you take them back. If you lose, they keep them to trade with (the same mechanic as captured workers).

It creates another incentive during war. Fight for your trade units, and possibly win some of theirs.

Ideas? :confused::confused::confused:

Yea this just happened to me, i was wondering where they went. I was playing Venice and me with my small 1 city colony and they all had 6+, both declared war on me at the same time. i lost all my trade routes and money went to basically nothing.
Im not really digging Venice...maybe its just me, i still dont know all the new features, but its not my favorite. i'll move onto being Syria next and see what happens. Middle eastern civs are always good.
I do agree with your trade options though, seems silly to put so much effort into something, then have them vanish

Top Bottom