carriers and transports

A few more inquiries. ;)

In my Armada scenario I want to simulate naval warfare using Koby's brilliant idea with torpedo's on subs in ZWK, in this case naval guns aboard galleons. I'd like to expand a little on this idea.

1) Am I right in assuming that ships carrying these missile type units should have either the carrier or sub flag set?

2) Will a ship with the carrier flag (as opposed to the sub flag) carrying missile type units be able to still perform shore bombardments?

3) Sub units carrying missile units cannot be seen by enemy ships, and cannot perform shore bombardments. Will missile units without the sub flag be seen by enemy units, when the missiles are onboard the sub type units? (sentried)

4) How does combining the sub and transport flags work? -and if they do, which roles/flags need to be set for the AI to perceive this somewhat reasonably?

Any experiences?

Makes sense :) -What confused me was that I tried removing the sub flag and reloading the game, and they still wasn't lost. But now I just tried again, and it seems they run out of fuel like they're supposed to again.

I suppose the reason you gave the torpedos the sub flag was to prevent players from using them on land? -do they show as visible, without the sub flag? -even if the sub is not?

Originally posted by Morten Blaabjerg
[B.

I suppose the reason you gave the torpedos the sub flag was to prevent players from using them on land? -do they show as visible, without the sub flag? -even if the sub is not? [/B]

Not too sure about what you mean. If you are asking if a 'normal' torpedo is visible on an invisible sub, they are not as long as they remain asleep.

Top Bottom