Cavaleiros Embassy

General_W

Councilor & Merlot Noble
Cavaleiros Embassy:

Team Cavaleiros

Joao II of Portugal
Play Order: #4 (right after us)

This thread is for all discussion related to Diplomacy with the Cavaleiros.

Here's a snapshot of our info on them from the turn we met.
Turn 70

Spoiler :

Team Cavaleiros
  • Civ: Joao II of Portugal
  • Traits: Imperialistic, Expansive
  • Unique Unit: Carrack (3 strength, 3 moves. +1 Cargo Space. Can carry any unit. Replaces Caravel which only has 1 cargo space and can only carry non-combat units, and can't even carry settlers or workers.)
  • Unique Building: Feitoria (+1 Commerce on water tiles in addition to Customs House benefits… +50% commerce from foreign trade routes)

Current Trades: None
Resources Available for Trade: No Route Established

Technology to Trade: Polytheism, Monarchy, Writing
Missing Technology: Hunting, Metal Casting

Gold to Trade: – unknown -

Known towns:
Capital <need to lookup> [Size 5] * Founded late: 3960 BC
Sombra do Ceu [Size ? &#8211; founded: pt70]
Serpente [Size ? &#8211; founded: pt70]
Cimeira Louca [Size ? &#8211; founded: pt70]

Cavaleiros Foreign Dealings:
  • With Team Kazakhstan: Open Borders Deal.
  • With Team Saturn: - unknown -
  • With Team Mad Scientists: Open Borders Deal.

Treaties and Agreements with SANCTA:
Spoiler :
&#8211; none yet -

Initial Images:

This post will NOT be updated. Please click HERE to visit the SANCTA NEXUS for updated info.

Shogun Memphus has already started the diplomacy here.
(Without declaring war this time! ;) )

Here's what's gone back-and-forth already:

Hey Methos ~

Just a something for you guys to chat about in your forums, and while our diplomats compose themselves.

You see since we don't know writing...it takes us so long to get this done.

Maybe hunting for writing would be in order? the beaker cost for us isn't even 100 now to everyoen else havign it and us havign all the prereqs.

Something to think about anyways.

Memphus

And the speedy reply from Methos:
I'll bring it up in our forums for discussion. Please let your team know that I will be the diplomat. Also, feel free to contact me at any time, through PM or IM. My contact info is:

MSN: dust_em@hotmail.com
Yahoo: methosthesilent
AIM: MethosCFC

I'll start working on a formal letter here...

Does someone want to log in and take a new screenshot of the top 5 cities? It should show the two size 7 cities as Cavs, with the correct names...

:lol: oops - good catch Dreylin. Thanks!
Now fixed.

lots of chatter over at team Cav. I bet they are seriously considering our offer.

Just a quick over view, but I was keeping tabs on the Cavs team members post counts last night (I was bored...) and who was in the forum yesterday after we met, between 1800 and 0000 GMT.

• Renata 10
  • RRR 1
  • oyzar 6
  • KingMorgan 4
  • Niklas 3
  • Earthling 1
  • Rusten 0 (had a look around though)
  • Diamondeye 1

In addition Methos supposedly posted our message and some stuff before I started checkign the figures...so yeah, they have been fairly active.

Just a quick over view, but I was keeping tabs on the Cavs team members post counts last night (I was bored...) and who was in the forum yesterday after we met, between 1800 and 0000 GMT.
  • Renata 10
  • RRR 1
  • oyzar 6
  • KingMorgan 4
  • Niklas 3
  • Earthling 1
  • Rusten 0 (had a look around though)
  • Diamondeye 1
In addition Methos supposedly posted our message and some stuff before I started checkign the figures...so yeah, they have been fairly active.

Wow. I guess you were bored ;)

Had a good chat with Methos on IM.
I'm sorry I only had time for a very rough edit of this (bolding names to make it more readable)

Spoiler :

Methos:
hello
Methos:
this is Methos from CFC, who is this?
General_W:
Sorry I missed you - this is General_W from CFC
Methos:
ok, thanks
Methos:
I thought it was you, but wasn't sure
Methos:
I apologize that we haven't sent our letter to you yet
Methos:
I've been rather busy
General_W:
So is now a bad time to ask you if you want to help me get my fortune moved out of a bank in Nigeria? ;)
Methos:
hehe
Methos:
just had someone add me that was some sex site
Methos:
grrr
General_W:
oh - that's lovely. Got to love the inter-webs.
General_W:
no problem on the busy thing - I totally hear you. Things have been crazy for me here for about 3 weeks now. I've been intending to send you a formal letter from team SANCTA, but just haven't had time either.
General_W:
Looks like Memphus got the ball rolling anyway.
Methos:
yea, I pm'ed him to get your team email, since I couldn't find it listed anywhere publicly.
General_W:
Really? we'd better fix that...
Methos:
I could have been looking in the wrong place
Methos:
btw, in our letter I in tend to ask for an OB agreement?
General_W:
Well - I think we're open for anything - so certainly put that in there. However, since we don't have a LoS to a city of yours, we wouldn't get any trade routes from it... so it'd be a lopsided deal in your favor...
Methos:
I am rather surprised we didn't pass one of your own wb's on the way
General_W:
would you believe the whole team has a severe case of Aquaphobia?
Methos:
hehe
General_W:
:)
Methos:
so then you are willing to accept a OB?
General_W:
Probably not if that's the only part of the deal. We'd be willing to do it if there was something in it for us - you know, some kind of tech trade or something.
General_W:
I'm pretty sure we won't deny you passage for your boat though - if that's the main concern.
General_W:
We'd like to be on good terms with you - but we don't want to give away the farm either.
Methos:
that's understandable
Methos:
but it leads to my curiousity of what you desire
General_W:
Hunting for Writing ?
Methos:
If we did that, our soldiers would demand better equipment and we're just not willing to pay them more
General_W:
lol
General_W:
well, if you're intentionally trying to avoid getting hunting - what would you think of giving us writing for an OB deal and a 100 beakers credit towards the next tech deal we can make? (could be Metal Casting - but the team isn't quite ready to start trading that around, I don't think)
General_W:
Maybe we don't know eachother well enough yet to start dealing on credit? lol
Methos:
it's an interesting offer, but one I obviously can't answer without team consent
Methos:
I will bring it up for discussion though
General_W:
of course - bear in mind that I'm not a dictator of diplomacy either. I always do my best to negotiate in good-faith, but everything has to be approved by my team.
Methos:
obviously
General_W:
:D I'm glad we were able to touch-base here. Saves me from continuing to procrastinate on writing a letter ;)
Methos:
IM is so much easier
Methos:
though I'm rather surprised you haven't self-researched writing by now
General_W:
But you miss some of my flowery nonsense! I guess you'll have to use your imagination.
General_W:
lol - if we can't get a trade for it with you - we probably will. Like Memphus told you, it's less than 100 beakers for us now. Still, we'd rather make a trade.
Methos:
ah, you have other plans you'd rather not modify
General_W:
Higher priorities at least.
General_W:
You know, they keep me locked in the embassy mostly - I rarely get to offer input to the Ninjas that craft domestic policy.
Methos:
I was a member of Epsilon, even if I wasn't active
Methos:
I still followed along
Methos:
what others ways has your team considered working with us?
General_W:
Beyond tech trading, you mean?
Methos:
Yes.
General_W:
Oh - I think absolutly everything is on the table. But we don't even know where you're physically located in this world (see: Ninja's fear of water). We honestly haven't gotten that far. We know we don't want to be on the wrong end of a 3v2 alliance.
Methos:
nobody does
General_W:
exactly - therefore the effort now is to be friendly and try to do some deals and show ourselves as friendly and trustworthy.
Methos:
My curiosity gets the best of me, if you're able, how did you get the Oracle so fast?
General_W:
You mean besides our natural born ninja-quickness?
Methos:
that was quite impressive
Methos:
my hat is off to you
General_W:
yeah - I thought so also! Dont' salute me, the methodology for accomplishing it never would have occured to me.
General_W:
the real answer - at least the best I can probably give you without clearing it with my team - is that we have some pretty open "out of the box" type discussions going on in our forums.
Methos:
it'll be an impressive read when this game is over
Methos:
since we both have to write "flowery" formal letters to each other, we might as well get the basics out here so they can be included in those letters
Methos:
also means we have less letters to write (main goal)
Methos:
other then some sort of OB agreement/offer, is there anything else we need to consider?
General_W:
I don't think so - not at this stage. Main thing right now is that we'd really like to see some kind of deal with you (where deal = mutually benificial).
Methos:
that;'s understandable
Methos:
j
Methos:
-j/5j
Methos:
sorry0,0 0
General_W:
lol - that leet speak or something?
Methos:
sorry, daughter is playing with the keys
General_W:
Nice - how old?
Methos:
she'll be 2 in april
Methos:
yours is almost a year?
General_W:
That's awesome. My daughter turns 2 here in the 22nd.
General_W:
time flies.
Methos:
very, especially with kids
General_W:
so true. so true.
General_W:
ok - well, I better get focused back on work here - really glad you said hi.
Methos:
I'm online during the day, so feel free to IM me
General_W:
I'll get this chat posted in our forums, and we'll look forward to that formal letter from you.
Methos:
my wife and I work opposite shifts so we take care of her
General_W:
that's great. very cool. I'm online during business hours (pacific time) - but rarely when I'm at home.
General_W:
feel free to IM anytime you see me on though.
Methos:
works great for us then, as we're online at the same time

Cool chat, great job playing hardball with the writing offer :) I definately agree with that.

Thanks Gentlemen.

Methos just IMed me again wondering if they can sail their WB through while we continue negotiations on the Open Borders / Tech deal.

I said I thought that'd be ok, but that I'd try to get a quick reaction from the team before the save got to them.
So... what do we think?

well thier main goal is to get thier workboat through. although we can't stop them, we would prefer if they gave us something for it.

you know we could strand their workboat for 10 turns :D

if we let them declare war and go through, then do a peace treay after they get past IS. they won't be able to see the border of FC yet. So if we tell them to offer peace right after they clear our borders. Bang they are trapped :) Sets them back 10 turns, and it looks as if we are beign friendly...

The ket is to get them to offer hte peace treaty (not a cease fire) as soon as they get out of our culture.

Er...we can block them if we want at the cost of delaying city 5 by 2 turns (and growth to size 8 in IS), and then kill the wb with the trireme. This would be extortion from their PoV and defending our territory in ours, and at a fairly high cost to ourselves IMO as we would have to start the wb immediately, for dubious gain (although it would stop them looking at FC, which could be worthwhile, and make contact with the team up there).

If we let them sail through, then we don't have a bargaining tool to use against them. Personally, I'd say that they can sail through with OB if they trade us writing for a 100 beakers off MC when we come to trade it (give them a solid date of t90 IMO). They aren't our allies, nor will they ever be our allies unless this game goes really topsyturvy, so giving them something free of charge doesn;t sit that well with me tbh.

@ G_W i would prose this:

Option 1: Twilight ==> what i put above but word it better.

Option 2: Daylight ==> What krill said 100 beakers of MC with a trade date of T90ish.

you know we could strand their workboat for 10 turns :D

if we let them declare war and go through, then do a peace treay after they get past IS. they won't be able to see the border of FC yet. So if we tell them to offer peace right after they clear our borders. Bang they are trapped :) Sets them back 10 turns, and it looks as if we are beign friendly...

The ket is to get them to offer hte peace treaty (not a cease fire) as soon as they get out of our culture.

They'd get quite PO'ed at that and I doubt it would reflect well on ourselves being so tricky (not that blocking their wb and then killing it would be much, if any, better).

or at that point we decline the peace treaty, and give them the tip on FC and we gain points.

Top Bottom