Caveman 2 Cosmos

This is a game I just created with a Pangaea space map and Noble difficulty. Does it contain Space?
Space maps are scenarios.
There aren't mapscripts that can make space map.

So this isn't space map as you generated map.
Not started scenario.

Scenarios (ones with mod), that contain space start with "A Space Map", also there are in links, that I posted on page before.

You're not going to believe this but I actually found this in the source code (CvPlot.cpp line 13800 and something), and yes 'normal' culture flipping is disabled with Rev. I wonder why.

Space maps are scenarios.
There aren't mapscripts that can make space map.

So this isn't space map as you generated map.
Not started scenario.

Scenarios (ones with mod), that contain space start with "A Space Map", also there are in links, that I posted on page before.
Okay I'm going to play this game for now anyway and I will check for when you add Space maps, opponents and barbarians to a regular Earth Pangaea game that I like to start out with; or maybe I'll play a space map scenario some too.

You're not going to believe this but I actually found this in the source code (CvPlot.cpp line 13800 and something), and yes 'normal' culture flipping is disabled with Rev. I wonder why.
So Revolution players were blocked from cultural flipping of cities for decade :lol:

Okay I'm going to play this game for now anyway and I will check for when you add Space maps, opponents and barbarians to a regular Earth Pangaea game that I like to start out with; or maybe I'll play a space map scenario some too.
You WONT get space stuff on GENERATED map.
You HAVE to play on SCENARIO.

Space map scenarios are already included with mod, also all of them are on forums.
You won't see space AI or barbarians for MULTIPLE YEARS.
You don't know how to download map or start scenario or what?

Making your own space map is bit convoluted as you have to make 11 space zones connected logically to each other, then you have to place certain secondary terrains.
Then you have to know which features and resources can go to each space zone.

Last edited:
Give some quote of the code so I can find it.

Culture flips don't happen in C2C. There are only espionage flips, AP etc. votes, or flips through Rev.
Well, I haven't seen any situations recently where a city revolted from cultural pressure and joined a different empire, but I did put enough cultural pressure on Rome's Augustus (I was playing as one of the Japanese leaders, I forget which one) to cause him to eventually gift me three of his cities... before he later pledged fealty (vassalized) to me. I also noticed that, once he did pledge to me, he wouldn't gift me any more cities, even though one of them eventually reached 99% Japanese culture/0 % Roman culture.

I just figured that culture-flipping had been subsumed into the diplomatic functions.

Give some quote of the code so I can find it.
Certainly monsieur.
Code:
// Disable classic city flip by culture when Revolution is running
if ( (GC.getGameINLINE().isOption(GAMEOPTION_NO_REVOLUTION)) && (pCity->isNPC() || 
(!(GC.getGameINLINE().isOption(GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_FLIPPING)) && 
(GC.getGameINLINE().isOption(GAMEOPTION_FLIPPING_AFTER_CONQUEST) || 
!(pCity->isEverOwned(eCulturalOwner))) && (pCity->getNumRevolts(eCulturalOwner) >= GC.getDefineINT("NUM_WARNING_REVOLTS")))) )

I am finding the Noble difficulty much more challenging in terms of not being able to build as many wonders and combat with animals and Barbarians. I will wait to try a Space scenario and will also wait for you to add other species of advanced Ape and go more Prehistoric in time as well as farther into the Future. I played some Civ 6 Gathering Storm. It is the best version of Civ 5 and Civ 6, but still does not compare to the gameplay and variety of this mod.

I am finding the Noble difficulty much more challenging in terms of not being able to build as many wonders and combat with animals and Barbarians. I will wait to try a Space scenario and will also wait for you to add other species of advanced Ape and go more Prehistoric in time as well as farther into the Future.
Hahaha wait 5 or 10 more years then - we won't get any space wars or aliens anytime soon.
Also tech tree won't be extended anymore.

Combat with animals and barbarians is same on all handicaps.
You just get free wins for few battles on easiest handicaps.

Noble AI is VERY easy, lower handicaps are cheating and those are only for testing and nothing more.

Last edited:
Well, I haven't seen any situations recently where a city revolted from cultural pressure and joined a different empire, but I did put enough cultural pressure on Rome's Augustus (I was playing as one of the Japanese leaders, I forget which one) to cause him to eventually gift me three of his cities... before he later pledged fealty (vassalized) to me. I also noticed that, once he did pledge to me, he wouldn't gift me any more cities, even though one of them eventually reached 99% Japanese culture/0 % Roman culture.

I just figured that culture-flipping had been subsumed into the diplomatic functions.
If you are not using Rev then Culture war is a viable and active option. I have had several new border cities lost and then regained by using Culture adding buildings, units and wonders. The AI is very adept at using Culture to expand it's reach in a Non Rev game.

*Laugh* I haven't used Revolutions in... gosh, gotta be four years or more, now. Basically, since it was noted that it crippled the AIs and caused memory problems by runaway spawning of new civilizations. But as for cultural warfare, yes, it's definitely a viable strategy, one I use heavily - black ops units are massively useful for this, particularly burglars (send 'em in again and again to carry out infiltration missions, while your spies go in, station themselves in the target cities until they're at the 50% discount level, and then spread cultural influence - a viciously effective one-two punch). That Japanese game I mentioned? I managed to completely take Spain away from Isabella that way - of course, she only ever founded two cities before she had the misfortune to encounter me.

JosEPH helped me revert to SVN 10469 and it worked! Many thanks!

Now, when I updated to SVN 10480, I received some "Conflict" errors during that process. Is this something I did wrong?
Should I perform a fresh Checkout? If so, how?

JosEPH helped me revert to SVN 10469 and it worked! Many thanks!

Now, when I updated to SVN 10480, I received some "Conflict" errors during that process. Is this something I did wrong?
Should I perform a fresh Checkout? If so, how?
If you suspect there is a problem with your fileset for some reason, it can be fixed by selecting "SVN clean up".
If you don't know which boxes you need to check for the clean up, just check em all, no harm in that.

Please tell me some easy map editor for c2c,except built into the game.
There isn't one. Fixing the existing one is not a simple task.
Removed erroneous character from schema.
Removed unused <PythonName> tag.

@Dancing Hoskuld that "/" thing was in schema, not in files where validator pointed.
Also one tag was reported as not existing in schema by validator.
Now module folder is clean.
In fact PythonName doesn't exist in xml and python files at all.
It exists only in CvOutcome.cpp
pXML->GetOptionalChildXmlValByName(m_szPythonModuleName, L"PythonName");

There was no PythonName in schema file, so there was no connection between code and this tag in Pepper's Unit Infos.
That is if there was code involving PythonName, then it never was used.
Strange I thought it was how Python was "called" from the XML. Maybe it was going to be but was changed to just Python.

On further investigation I think it was intended as the Python module/file name so you could reuse it in later XML entries but it did not work. Possibly because if you change the Python code in many mods including BUG based ones it will crash the game. Platyping has a way to fix that particular problem.

Top Bottom