1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman2Cosmos v40.1 Player Guide

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Thunderbrd, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

You can select a unit that is part of a group, without removing it from the group. That's when these oddities (of orders buttons not available) occur.

When you select a group, you have an orders button with iirc 3 arrows diverging, to 'disband' the group into individual units.

When you select a single unit while it is still in a group, there is a 'reciprocal' orders button with the arrows converging. I don't know what it does, except that clicking it makes it go away, and you have to do this before including the unit in a merge (and probably also before splitting it). Mysteriously missing automation buttons follow the same pattern.

Thunderbrd likes this.
  2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Very good point I forgot to make - it can indeed look like you're unit isn't in a selection group because you've selected him individually without removing him from the group he's a part of and yes, if the icon to break up his selection group (not the SM split command) is visible, then he's still part of a selection group that needs to be broken apart. All units to be merged need to be cleared of any selection groups they may be a part of - not just the one that's initiating the merge.

3. RJ_Civ4

RJ_Civ4 Chieftain

Ah good! This should take care of the issues then. It's odd though that when I batch make multiple ones they get stuck in a grouping automatically.

Is there a way to use Ruthless AI option back in the mod. Never played with that but sounds interesting and it seems to have been removed from mod along with aggressive ai?

Edit: Yep that was the problem. Everything works good now with SM. I Alt Select them all then press that button and ready to merge. Thanks alot for the answer. It was bugging me.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It really just made for a less effective AI overall.