Caveman2Cosmos

Thanks for response , hmm Bug options are so complicated and I didnt noticed that option , thanks it really helps me .

Nicely said Daft73! I figured out that when you butcher and animal small ones won't immediately show you benefits but the big ones will show being added that turn. The rest are over time it builds up and city grows faster accordingly.

I personally love how the animals work in the game, in no time at all you will have the map covered with cities (or you should have) with no more hunting but in the sea left. ;)

Also I take back all I said about those animals , now in mid prehistoric era I noticed animals are running from me so im happy :D

Hi, i am new here, sorry for my english i am not native.
first of all i want to thank u for this mod it is the best what i have played so far...
i have one wish.
Please, Can someone write me how can i mod or change in game files that prophets can found only religions which i have researched?? i found that game will be better with this....

Hi, i am new here, sorry for my english i am not native.
first of all i want to thank u for this mod it is the best what i have played so far...
i have one wish.
Please, Can someone write me how can i mod or change in game files that prophets can found only religions which i have researched?? i found that game will be better with this....

If you start the game with Divine Prophets AND Choose Religions, you get an open ended any religion selection with a Prophet that does not make the religion depend on having researched its tech. However, if you start with Divine Prophets and NO Choose Religions, you're still limited only to religions you've researched.

Is there some trick to loading this mod?

I have 7z and I extract the file to the Mods folder, but the files does not show up in Windows Explorer. Even when I run BTS and do Load a Mod, it does not appear as an option.

I am using Windows 7 and I am not very proficient in it. This is the path where Civ 4 is located. If I assume correctly, a folder for Caveman to Cosmos should be created upon extraction.

C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods

I don't get any messages that say the extraction has failed so I do not what the issue is. I have tried to extract this twice. Any tips or suggestions to get this to work?

I have 7z and I extract the file to the Mods folder, but the files does not show up in Windows Explorer. Even when I run BTS and do Load a Mod, it does not appear as an option.

I am using Windows 7 and I am not very proficient in it. This is the path where Civ 4 is located. If I assume correctly, a folder for Caveman to Cosmos should be created upon extraction.

C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods

I don't get any messages that say the extraction has failed so I do not what the issue is. I have tried to extract this twice. Any tips or suggestions to get this to work?

First off, if you have a 32 bit PC it will take for the 1st time you load about 15 minutes. After that if you leave the PC on about 2 minutes.

His problem is that he cannot even see the mod in the mod folder :D
How to load the mod when it is not there in the first place

Try in C:...\My Documents\My Games\Beyond The Sword\Mods. That's where my mods are. If the 7z says it is extracting to the Mods folder, it is, but you just need to find the right Mods folder.

If I'm right, the question remains why the game can't find the mod. Sometimes the Caveman2Cosmos folder created by the extract contains another folder called Caveman2Cosmos (and nothing else). IF this is the case, this inner folder is the mod, so the game won't be able to see it where it is. Copy it to the Mods (parent) folder under a different name, then delete the folder it came from, and rename it back to Caveman2Cosmos.

That's sounds pretty complicated even to me and I wrote it, so report back your progress if you get lost...

PS: If the mod is in "My Documents", and there are multiple users on the computer, there is a separate "My Documents" for each user. Make sure you run 7z as the main administrator user of the computer (if at all possible), and run the game as this user as well.

Chalk this up to user error.

While it was extracting, when the timer reached zero, I had thought the extraction was done so I closed the window. It seems that when the timer runs out, it does not mean it is done. Quite a few more files were downloaded and then the extractor closed by itself.

Lo and Behold, the mod was created and found. Who would have thunk it? ;)

So essentially, when I was manually closing the extractor, I was cancelling the process. Hopefully I can play the mod later today!

I do thank ya guys for the tips.

Chalk this up to user error.

While it was extracting, when the timer reached zero, I had thought the extraction was done so I closed the window. It seems that when the timer runs out, it does not mean it is done. Quite a few more files were downloaded and then the extractor closed by itself.

Lo and Behold, the mod was created and found. Who would have thunk it? ;)

So essentially, when I was manually closing the extractor, I was cancelling the process. Hopefully I can play the mod later today!

I do thank ya guys for the tips.

Indeed! This mod is really BEAST:mwaha: and when you think your pc is hung up/ stuck/ frozen/ about to CTD..the game loads and the humor of the intro will wash it all away. :band:

Good luck/ have fun with it.

When creating a new game, there seems to be less game options as before.

Also when playing a custom game I check the game options enabled, I see there's "Always peace" enabled although there's no options for that in the custom game options nor in the BUG options.

So what's with this "Always peace" ? Will it simply change over time or is it a bug ? :confused:

When creating a new game, there seems to be less game options as before.

Also when playing a custom game I check the game options enabled, I see there's "Always peace" enabled although there's no options for that in the custom game options nor in the BUG options.

So what's with this "Always peace" ? Will it simply change over time or is it a bug ? :confused:

Take a screenie of your "settings" and post it here. We dont use this thread much. Just for looks.thx.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=491983&page=35

Top Bottom