Caveman2Cosmos

* 2 New Map sizes: Giant (54% bigger than Huge), Gigantic (50% bigger than Giant ie. 134% bigger than Huge)
* 2 New Gamespeed: Blitz 215 turns, Snail 3000 turns

Are the larger maps new game speeds available as separate mod components?, I can't seem to find them separately

Happy New Year :newyear:

Attachments

• happy-new-year-2016-image.jpg
    happy-new-year-2016-image.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 343
Worth noting that the apolostolic palace, UN, etc, don't actually work in this mod and haven't in quite a while.

Um, lol, since when? I just won a diplo vic with the UN last week? Can you give a bit more details please?

Um, lol, since when? I just won a diplo vic with the UN last week? Can you give a bit more details please?

Since the last 4 games I played on various different settings. What version are you playing?

By the way, I am playing without diplomatic victory, but with UN/other organizations active as an option.

Latest version.
Just a heads up. But if you don't have diplo VC enabled, but you have the UN/AP checked under options, you won't be able to win by Diplo. The former overrides the latter.

Is this mod very heavy for a computer? I can run most mods (except DoC, which I'm going to be investigating anyway).

This mod is a tad heavy for for a pc, unless you have a mid- high end pc ( I have a mid-range HP), so turn times will be a bit long. However, over in the sub thread, I believe the mod crew gives recommendations based on your specs ( been awhile, so I could be wrong).

As for DoC ( ('m guessing your referring to RFC DoC), It's actually a lighter mod and runs fine on even lower end systems.

As for DoC ( ('m guessing your referring to RFC DoC), It's actually a lighter mod and runs fine on even lower end systems.

Yeah, my computer is a lower-medium end computer, but for some reason the mod crashes on picking a civilization. I'll see if it's just a bug or if I need a better computer once I install C2C.

Yeah, my computer is a lower-medium end computer, but for some reason the mod crashes on picking a civilization. I'll see if it's just a bug or if I need a better computer once I install C2C.

If low end PC then dont play over 7 civs on a large map, or even a standard map . . .

I've heard that this mod suffers from too much content... Like, too many bonuses from buildings and what not, so that it breaks the game's balance, though this was years ago. Is the balance okay now? Any recommend settings (like speed)?

If you just want to explore the mod and check everything out, go custom game, standard, 8-12 civs, normal. Custom game gives you a vast array of selections that you can tailor to your preferences, and just hover the tool tip if your not sure about an option.

I've heard that this mod suffers from too much content... Like, too many bonuses from buildings and what not, so that it breaks the game's balance, though this was years ago. Is the balance okay now? Any recommend settings (like speed)?

"Suffers from too much content" is actually player preference.

We are constantly balancing content. I just recently have started and implemented needed changes in the Mods set of Game Speeds (GS).

Our Normal GS, which is the shortest in # of turns, has 1064 turns spread over 10 Eras. (The Mod Starts with the Prehistoric Era which was the beginning Premise for the name of the Mod Caveman2Cosmos.)
Epic is next with 1999 turns.
Marathon has 3015 turns.
Snail has 4940 turns
Eons has 7005 turns
Eternity has 8145 turns.

As Drak has stated Custom Game gives you all the Options for your selection of How you would like to play. Choice has always been our focal point and to "Just Have Fun". So you can pick many Options or just a few. One Side note on selecting Victory Conditions, Mastery has been found to hamper the AI. If you are an experienced player it is better to select just 2 or 3 Victory Conditions and Do Not select Mastery in any case.

One last point, Revolutions in C2C is not a recommended Option selection anymore either. Unless you want an easier game on any Game Difficulty level. Rev does more harm to the AI than it will ever do any good for it, Especially on the Higher difficulty levels.

JosEPh :)

Bump.

If you want more diversity - read the above post.

Hello guys, first of all, what a fudge** game?!?!?
I love it.. even playing CIV VI, I always back to play C2C!
I got a problem when I downloaded V37 and loaded my previous game.

This was the error:

"Save format is not compatible due to missing class SPECIALUNIT_NAVAL_MINE"

How can I fix it?

Tks

Top Bottom