Caveman2Cosmos

Hello guys, first of all, what a ****** game?!?!?
I love it.. even playing CIV VI, I always back to play C2C!
I got a problem when I downloaded V37 and loaded my previous game.

This was the error:

"Save format is not compatible due to missing class SPECIALUNIT_NAVAL_MINE"

How can I fix it?

Tks
v37 is NOT compatible with older games, sorry. . .

Try clearing your cache 1st. C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache this is win10 64 Pro path the the cache that needs cleared out (delete files inside the cache folder).

Also when did you start this "previous" game. There were save game breaking changes from v36 to v37.

Hence, why I haven't DL'd the latest version yet. Terribly sorry, but my world domination isn't quite complete yet. One must have certain priorities :D.

Hence, why I haven't DL'd the latest version yet. Terribly sorry, but my world domination isn't quite complete yet. One must have certain priorities :D.

Hello!!! :wavey:

Nice to see you post Drak. :)

Tks for the info guys!
I'll try clean my cache or wait to finish actual game then move to V37.
I thought it won't break. But that is ok!
I love this game anyway! Haha

Some Really Big changes from v36 to v37. And even now the SVN version of the Mod is much different than v37 Official release.

If you want you could go the SVN route for upgrading when you are ready. The Hows and Whys of setting up the SVN are in the 1st post of the SVN Changelog thread.

Some Really Big changes from v36 to v37. And even now the SVN version of the Mod is much different than v37 Official release.

If you want you could go the SVN route for upgrading when you are ready. The Hows and Whys of setting up the SVN are in the 1st post of the SVN Changelog thread.

Nice... I'll take in it in mind when I decide to move forwarder for another epic long great game!!
Tks again!

Meant to ask JosEPh, does turning off rev affect the play on the 5 Civ GEM/TSL map? be kind of boring with only 4 other AI's on a GEM if no other Civ's show up

Meant to ask JosEPh, does turning off rev affect the play on the 5 Civ GEM/TSL map? be kind of boring with only 4 other AI's on a GEM if no other Civ's show up
You can get more showing up if you turn off the No Barbarian Civilizations option. I prefer having a few more players to start with in general as well.

Thanks TBird. Will the Barb Civs option work as well?

Thanks TBird. Will the Barb Civs option work as well?

They should. We've not made any changes there that I know of. In fact Barb Civ and Barb World both On at the same time (and you the player leave the barb cities alone in the early game) should generate more AI. But if you go a Conquering early then no you won't. Early conquests of the AI and Barbs just shortens the game no matter what map you play.

And I generally don't use the GEM maps, and I can't recall ever using this map "5 Civ GEM/TSL map". I prefer maps that generate Non Earth landmasses. I'm not into Historical reenactments like many Civ players are. I prefer the What If way of play.

eant to ask JosEPh, does turning off rev affect the play on the 5 Civ GEM/TSL map? be kind of boring with only 4 other AI's on a GEM if no other Civ's show up
This is all a matter of how you play. And a very subjective matter at that. ;)

Good to know, thx guys.

Ok, I'm seriously loving the new rev. Kudo's guys. I've been playing C2C since it's inception, and I have to tell you gents, this is probably one of the finest updates I've seen since joining these boards ( No offense to my other fav modders, love you guys too :D). Keep up the awesome work.

Thanks Drak! :D

I did a search and found a few questions that came close to my problem, but not the same. I am new to this mod. I have just reinstalled my operating system (Win 7 Pro), downloaded Civ 4, Warlord, BtS and BtSword. I copied your zip file into the mod folder for BtS and unzipped it. After starting the game, C3C does not show up anywhere. The same is occurring on my Win10 laptop. Both machines are powerful enough to run any program. Any ideas?

I did a search and found a few questions that came close to my problem, but not the same. I am new to this mod. I have just reinstalled my operating system (Win 7 Pro), downloaded Civ 4, Warlord, BtS and BtSword. I copied your zip file into the mod folder for BtS and unzipped it. After starting the game, C3C does not show up anywhere. The same is occurring on my Win10 laptop. Both machines are powerful enough to run any program. Any ideas?

Sometimes when you unzip you may get a Caveman2Cosmos Folder inside Another Caveman2Cosmos Folder. See if this is what you have. If so copy all contents of 2nd Folder (should have Assets, etc type folders and files) into the 1st folder. Then delete the empty 2nd C2C folder.

Sometimes when you unzip you may get a Caveman2Cosmos Folder inside Another Caveman2Cosmos Folder. See if this is what you have. If so copy all contents of 2nd Folder (should have Assets, etc type folders and files) into the 1st folder. Then delete the empty 2nd C2C folder.
I already did that. I have the steam version of the games. I noticed a comment about patch 3.19, so I tried to install that and got an error messages saying the game wasn't installed properly. I haven't tried that on my laptop yet. I don't see how the game could be installed improperly as I tried a game last night and it was working fine.

Steam's version of the 3.19 Patch is a bit different than the Non steam original 3.19 patch just because it's Steam.

We have a main Caveman2Cosmos forum that has Steam users posting. Maybe someone there can help you. I have the original 2 CD set of BtS. So I'm not up on what it takes to make the Steam version click. Also did you get the Civ IV Complete package? That too has some differences.

But all these have been overcome iirc.

Link to main C2C forum: https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ4-caveman-2-cosmos.449/

Thanks, I'll check steam. The patch I tried I downloaded from here, so, maybe that is why. I have the individual games, not the complete.

Found the solution. There are two mod folders in BTS, one directly under the BTS folder, the other in the BTS that is in the primary folder. You need to use the second one.

Top Bottom