CBP Compatible (And scaled) New Civs

I've taken a look at a bunch of JFD's civs, and they all look amazing. But, I'm not sure if any of them are specifically meant to be used for the new CBP mechanics/buildings/units and balanced to do so. I was thinking maybe having something like his series, filling in some of the world/timeline with new civs, but gearing them to be more like CBP extensions.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if JFD's civs are compatible with CBP or only CP. JFD might enlighten us if possible.

@ Sun Pope as someone who is purely a consumer of this great mod. May I throw my download support behind Civs that are balanced directly for CBP. I would definitely use that content if it were to achieve the outset goals of balance with CBP.

And I would offer my help, as many would is suspect, to test the new civs for tuning purposes.

@ Crisp: Cool, I think I'll do one Civ to start with and see how it goes, and if it doesn't work out I'll finish that one and leave it as that. :)

I'm leaning towards Australia (modern) as a nice place to start; it's a well-known modern country that doesn't have any representation yet (besides Sydney and Melbourne city-state names). If anyone else has a suggestion I'm all ears though, and once I actually decide what to start with I can either make a new thread to discuss what the UA, UB, etc should be or we can do it here.

Would it be better to talk about it in this topic or make a new one?

Would it be better to talk about it in this topic or make a new one?

If you decide on one, please use the Leader Balance forum for discussions on it, just create a thread for the civ you want to go with and start from there, better to keep it organized.

On the topic of civs, I don't really know. Australia is fine, there were a few civs from earlier civ-games that got scratched for no good reason. Mali, Sumer, Holy Roman Empire.
Other than that one could start with a theme, both the tundra/snow theme and the desert theme have been from leaders in CPP, so you could go for one of those.

If you decide on one, please use the Leader Balance forum for discussions on it, just create a thread for the civ you want to go with and start from there, better to keep it organized.

On the topic of civs, I don't really know. Australia is fine, there were a few civs from earlier civ-games that got scratched for no good reason. Mali, Sumer, Holy Roman Empire.
Other than that one could start with a theme, both the tundra/snow theme and the desert theme have been from leaders in CPP, so you could go for one of those.

Okay, I'll see what some of the other folks have to pitch in for a while before I start the new thread in Leader Balance (probably tomorrow sometime, or over the week-end). I wanna make sure I don't start up a random civilisation when the people would like a different one :p

Okay, I'll see what some of the other folks have to pitch in for a while before I start the new thread in Leader Balance (probably tomorrow sometime, or over the week-end). I wanna make sure I don't start up a random civilisation when the people would like a different one :p

You do what you got to do.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if JFD's civs are compatible with CBP or only CP. JFD might enlighten us if possible.

They are compatible with both, however, they are not necessarily balanced toward it.

I've taken a look at a bunch of JFD's civs, and they all look amazing. But, I'm not sure if any of them are specifically meant to be used for the new CBP mechanics/buildings/units and balanced to do so. I was thinking maybe having something like his series, filling in some of the world/timeline with new civs, but gearing them to be more like CBP extensions.

They're not. However, as I said earlier, I'm willing to help make them as such, with alterantive designs for when the CBP is active. By all means make your own (and especially because I mostly do Euro civs), but the offer is there, as I do very much want to do the utmost to support the CBP.

They're not. However, as I said earlier, I'm willing to help make them as such, with alterantive designs for when the CBP is active. By all means make your own (and especially because I mostly do Euro civs), but the offer is there, as I do very much want to do the utmost to support the CBP.

Cool. Maybe sometime in the future when you wanna start transforming your mods to being CBP balanced, I can help ease the workload a bit with any coding. (I'm sure the art can be transferred pretty much as-is) In the meantime, I'm gonna try and start some of my own. You're welcome to give any advice, or pitch in and such, obviously :)

I've been avoiding this out of respect for you, but I could start hammering on some buildings to replace unique units for those double UU civs. Not that I know anything about historical iconic buildings or anything like that :D

Also, can you stop being so damn diplomatic, you make me feel bad, and I haven't even done anything wrong this time.

As Ambassador of the Confederation of the New Civilizations Sub-Forum to the Sovereign CPP, it is my charge to be diplomatic and to ensure that harmony persists between the Confederation and the CPP :D

The prevalence of dual-UUs is probably the biggest issue with my civs - both in terms of notable deviation from the CBP balance and in terms of the capacity for change. Open to suggestions, and as I turn to each civ update in the future, I'll keep this and them in mind.

The prevalence of dual-UUs is probably the biggest issue with my civs - both in terms of notable deviation from the CBP balance and in terms of the capacity for change. Open to suggestions, and as I turn to each civ update in the future, I'll keep this and them in mind.

Yeah, the switch to the UU+UB/UI/UW system along with the insistence on making all UUs actually fun are probably the main reasons behind the CBP leader powercreep. Not that I'm really complaining about it, I think they are in a good spot at the moment, you can get fun stuff done with them and the uniques are powerful enough that all civs feel unique. However it does clearly make most custom civs weaker.

Top Bottom