1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CCTP Working Version Progress

Discussion in 'Civ 5 - Community Call to Power project' started by Gilgamesch, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Tidesniper

Tidesniper Chieftain

2. gyogen2

gyogen2 Emperor

3. Vader1025

Vader1025 Chieftain

I feel out of my depth here and I've used mods in the past lol...anyway, I can't get the mod to even load.
    With Whowards DLLs that are included, NONE of them are showing as selectable when I start up my mods screen in Civ 5. If I download a mod from Whoward's mix and match, I can get that to display but the ones included, with the 4.05 D/L I can't get to work.
    Even though I can get CCTP to display, I can't select it because it says it "Mod is missing the required Dependencies."
    So, I guess I have 2 issues. I can't get any of the Whowards mods you included to even display, but even if I did I can't get your mod to work due to that error.
    I just purchased the Korea DLC and that didn't fix it either. Help please!
    Oh, I did clear the cache like I've read to try.

I also have G&K and BNW, if that helps. Adding to this as I research the issue :)

4. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Do you play with a Mac ?

5. Vader1025

Vader1025 Chieftain

Nope, PC.

6. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Whowards included mods cant be enabled via the option menue and also they should not show up in the menue.

This mods are just included and can only manually be disabled.

The only mod you need to play CCTP is this one.

7. Vader1025

Vader1025 Chieftain

Looks like it's working! Thank you.

8. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

You are welcome;)

9. Tidesniper

Tidesniper Chieftain

gyogen2- I deleted the religious event i was talking to you about and now I've played 3 games with no crashing, That event was the issue.

10. gyogen2

gyogen2 Emperor

Thanks for report.

I will try to see why it was causing crash. It has never caused crash in any of my tests, but if anyone else reports this I will just redo it as a different event.

11. Polarman

Polarman Chieftain

Most of my crashes where either when I tried to convert a city back to my religion or at start of my next turn after that. And at 2 times a cut message in the logs pointet to that religious event. So i'll guess I have the same problems as Tidesniper.

12. gyogen2

gyogen2 Emperor

Ok thanks, I may just completely redo that event since I don't know which aspect of it is causing the crash. It seems if the event was causing the crash it would be choice one, as two just adds yields, which is done many times in system, and three does nothing.

But anyway, I'll just redo as a different event and update the mod. I have a bit of work this weekend, so it probably won't be until Saturday night/Sunday.

13. gyogen2

gyogen2 Emperor

One question, have you redownloaded the mod, or gotten the event hotfix? There was one bit of code I had in for testing and forgot to remove, which can cause the event to trigger too early(before medieval) and lead to problems.

14. Polarman

Polarman Chieftain

I don't have an extended playtime with the event fix applied. It only chrashed 3 times. Two times directly after converting one of your citys back to your religion with a greater person. In classic times. But then I hit the double Apollo tech error and since I could't fix that without bracking taxation I played something else.

I'll try to save some logs and post them if it's still regulary happens with the new upload.

15. gyogen2

gyogen2 Emperor

I'm glad you mentioned the Apollo error, I got involved yesterday w/ fixing the combat animation bug, then work, that I forgot about that one. I'll check w/ Gilga which is the correct one, and remove the other.

16. gyogen2

gyogen2 Emperor

I needed some info on the double Apollo tech error. First, to make sure I am looking at the right one, there is a TECH_APOLLO, however in the game it is called Herbalism, is this the tech being reported(There is no tech called Apollo in game)?

I did find a double entry for Athena tech, but this isn't a prehistoric tech.

17. Polarman

Polarman Chieftain

My fault, its not Apollo its Athena. Double in Technologies.sql. Simply commenting one out will bug the followup tech taxation.

18. gyogen2

gyogen2 Emperor

Ok thanks, Apollo bug had been reported by others, and I was confused trying to find it.

19. lasch

lasch Warlord

I like huge, geographicly correct maps. Is it possible to make CCTP use custom maps (with TSL/scenarios) or are there plans to implement them again?

20. gyogen2

gyogen2 Emperor

Unless something I am unaware of has changed, it is possible to use custom maps, however custom scenarios had been crashing the mod at setup screen since before I started helping with mod. I have made attempts to track down why when I've had the time, but so far have been unsuccessful.