1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

challenge: win Civ2 before 1500 AD

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Strategy & Tips' started by palsberg, Oct 7, 2006.

1. ElephantU

ElephantU Deity

Sounds interesting for a non-GOTM "Comparison Game", which is what we ran over at "Poly" to develop the Early Landing concepts. Just start a thread, post the starting rules and a map, including what points players should stop and post for comparison. Shouldn't be too hard to get a half dozen players...

2. Carrot

Carrot Chieftain

I think 1 AD launches are done with "zoom-to-home-city"-chaining, so that you complete all the parts and launch on that turn.

3. starlifter

starlifter Deity

A comparison game is a good idea. I won't have time, as at the moment I don't even have time to play the rest of my GOTM68 (Saturday night, I can, I hope). However, I just went to Poly, and tried to log in (I can log in, but its been too long & they won't let me do most member activity, even downloads, until they reply to an e-mail I had to send them :mad: ). I see what they (e.g., Solo & his amazing guide) were doing in 2003-04. Quite impressive. Are you called "Elephant" on that site?

Wow, learn something new every day. Never heard of it, but as soon as I started to read it, I have an idea what it is, and am surprised I've not learned of it before!! Thank you. The fast post-1AD landing I did in a GOTM (the GOTM was not at Diety, though) was a 0020 launch, with an intentionally long flight (something like landing in the 0080's). I seem to recall that GOTM was what I was playing on the Sept 11 :cry: attacks, and the game was ruined after that, fun-wise.