Changes to religious beliefs? [Speculation]

JtW

Prince
I think that the new mechanisms in BNW call for some changes to the current religious beliefs.

E.g., I think it would be cool for the "Reliquiary" belief to give Great Prophets the ability to create a Reliquiary - a special kind of great work. Some other beliefs might be related to international trade routes.

Would you guys want religious beliefs to be updated for the expansion? What changes/beliefs would you like to see?

I could see a few.
Specifically, I could see a pantheon/religious belief that increases the religious pressure you give off from trade routes.

I expect some of the Reformation Beliefs will have to do with new systems. It would be nice if existing ones were reworked also. I find the enhancer beliefs to be quite boring right now.

I think that the new mechanisms in BNW call for some changes to the current religious beliefs.

E.g., I think it would be cool for the "Reliquiary" belief to give Great Prophets the ability to create a Reliquiary - a special kind of great work. Some other beliefs might be related to international trade routes.

Would you guys want religious beliefs to be updated for the expansion? What changes/beliefs would you like to see?

How about this?

Holy Relics: Artifacts in your capital produce +2 :c5faith:

We need a "spread along trade route really, really fast" enhancer. Not sure what you'd call it.

I'll be shocked if there isn't some sort of belief connecting tourism and faith pressure. The two systems seem pretty complementary.

In one of the tooltips Religious Art belief was listed as a possible source of tourism. So it has been changed. I wouldn't be surprised if a founder belief granted tourism.

We need a "spread along trade route really, really fast" enhancer. Not sure what you'd call it.

In the featurette #3 we saw one land tr granting double religious pressure, I wouldn't be surprised if that was a new effect from a belief.

In the featurette #3 we saw one land tr granting double religious pressure, I wouldn't be surprised if that was a new effect from a belief.

Most likely that was because the originating city has the Grand Temple. Although a the existence of a new belief that increases the religious pressure of trade routes wouldn't be unlikely. Religious pressure via trade routes opens some interesting possibilities. You can focus your pressure by connecting multiple of your trade routes to a specific city, and sea trade routes are able to spread your religion over a much larger distance than the current system.

Maybe they'll add new beliefs apart from Reformation, but I also think the new mechanics are a good opportunity to improve some of the existing beliefs.
World Church and Pilgrimage are good candidates for a tourism bonus in addition to their old effect.

I know that most relics are just body parts of deceased saints but killing a saint to turn him into a relic? - thats new! :lol:

I know that most relics are just body parts of deceased saints but killing a saint to turn him into a relic? - thats new! :lol:

Hmm. That's weird, but logical. It could work like this :)

If a barbarian kills a missionary or prophet, and an archaeologist then digs up the remains........:)

A belief reflecting the Hajj would be a good way to boost tourism and earn solid cash from religious communities lying at the far ends of trade routes.

As far as I know no major religion has anything similar and it's an interesting and effective way to promote the unity of a global faith in a pre-modern society.

(I'm quite sure nobody cares, but coincidentally I'm designing a game right now in which acts of religious oppression can produce relics.)

A belief reflecting the Hajj would be a good way to boost tourism and earn solid cash from religious communities lying at the far ends of trade routes.

As far as I know no major religion has anything similar and it's an interesting and effective way to promote the unity of a global faith in a pre-modern society.

(I'm quite sure nobody cares, but coincidentally I'm designing a game right now in which acts of religious oppression can produce relics.)
Isn't there already a Pilgrimage belief?

Isn't there already a Pilgrimage belief?

Quite possibly - I don't have access to the game here, what does it currently do?

Anyway, that belief is crying out to be reengineered to make use of the new mechanic.

It depends on what reformation beliefs are supposed to do. Founder bliefs benefit the empire, follower beliefs the cities, and enhancers help spread your religion. I guess reformation beliefs will have to do with other religions, like more efficiently destroying them, or capitalizing on religious diversity, like the Candi. Some ideas:

Pilgrimage:

+2 :c5faith: Faith and +1 Tourism per foreign cities above 4 :c5citizen: Citizens.

Reliquary:

+2 :c5faith: and +2 :c5gold: from Great Works in the :c5capital: Capital.

Interfaith Dialogue:

Double :c5science: from foreign :c5trade: Trade Routes.

Commercial Adoption:

Double Religious Pressure from naval :c5trade: Trade Routes. 50% more Religious Pressure from land :c5trade: Trade Routes.

Religious Assimilation:

20% of Tourism from Civilization with 10 or more :c5citizen: Citizens following your religion is converted equally to :c5culture: Culture and :c5faith: Faith for your empire.

Multiculturalism:

+1 :c5happy: Hapiness per differant religion in City with at least one Follower.

Syncretism:

Can keep follower beliefs in City with Dominant foreign Religion as long as there is at least one :c5citizen: Citizen in your City following your own Religion.

Top Bottom