[Vote] (6-16) Allow Border Growth Yields to Continue Triggering After Cities Run Out Of Tiles To Claim

Include in VP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkn

Prince
Currently, when a city has no tiles to grow to, border growth points keep accumulating and rolling over, and the border growth cost keeps going up. Exactly as though the city were still growing, except with no tiles claimed and no on-growth yields awarded. I'm proposing to change that last part. Allow the on-growth yields to still be awarded.

As it stands, by lategame (or much earlier for cities surrounded by others), many cities will run out of space to grow, and the associated bonuses (religious beliefs, social policies, UA components, building bonuses) will simply stop working. I think this is very not ideal.
In fact, when I am playing a border growth build, I generally don't take the lategame border growth tenet, Lebensraum, even though you might think it should be a no-brainer. Simply because my mature cities have already run out of space to grow.

DLL Changes

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, since we've fixed the bug where the next growth cost overflows and is never fulfilled.

Would've got a no from me if currently the growth cost stops going up if there are no tiles to grow to, but apparently it's never been the case.

Yes, since we've fixed the bug where the next growth cost overflows and is never fulfilled.

Would've got a no from me if currently the growth cost stops going up if there are no tiles to grow to, but apparently it's never been the case.
Wouldn't this lead to a massive yield gain? I mean you become stronger and stronger, but the border growth cost stops and stays the same until the end of the game.
I generally like the idea, but it needs a bit of clarifying. @rkkn? Player gets notification on border growth. How would it behave with your suggestion?

Wouldn't this lead to a massive yield gain? I mean you become stronger and stronger, but the border growth cost stops and stays the same until the end of the game.
I generally like the idea, but it needs a bit of clarifying. @rkkn? Player gets notification on border growth. How would it behave with your suggestion?
No, the border cost keeps growing.

No, the border cost keeps growing.
also, border cost growths become insanely expensive in the late game. I actually doubt this would lead to that much more growth overall. Definately some, but not tooooo much.

this mainly prevents a situation where civs with big emphases on border growth, like Huns, Shoshone, or Russia, don't have their policy/UA bonuses shut off in the late game, and I'm all for that.

I sponsor this.

Note to self: the related code is in CvCity:: DoJONSCultureLevelIncrease()

Some, how big depends a bit, it benefits settling more cities in a more tight formation.
But if you play same as today its mostly yields after modern era (maybe earlier as tradition?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom