Changing civ start date

blackbanner

Chieftain
I'm having a few problems with changing civ start dates, I've been trying to mod the game so the US starts in the middle ages instead of 1775 and I've been largely successful but now the US is getting every single tech for free (they cost one beaker) and I've been unable to figure out why. I've searched around in the python files for a bit but I can't find the culprit. Could anyone help me out?

Maybe that's because of their tech modifier. In general, the later the civ spawns, the higher the modifier and therefore the cheaper the techs.

America is designed to have the late game tech pretty cheap, so they can catch up with the rest. A result of this is that all earlier techs are much cheaper to. And as techcost increases, earlier techs are much cheaper by default than late game techs, which increases the effect of cheaper techs.

If you want to modify the tech modifier, you can find it in CvRhyess.cpp. But you have to recompile the DLL after that.

I checked CvRhyess.cpp and all I found was the stability map data and a few other things but not the tech modifiers.

merijn is probably speaking from experience from DoC where I made the effort of concentrating all modifiers in CvRhyes.cpp (inspired by edead).

In regular RFC you'll have to edit the method responsible for tech costs itself, I think it's something in CvHandicapInfos, like calculateResearchCostsByID() or similar.

I've found the CvHandicapInfos file and I edited the research rates for America but I still get the same 1 beaker research rates.

Top Bottom