Changing civilizations colors, please explain how to do it ; _ ;

Cissnei

Warlord
This is Civ5, BNW not BE question
I want to change one civilization colors to the color of barbarians (black and red). Can someone tell me how to do it?
Please

I found this part in Civilization.xml that determines the civ color. This is the example from Germany original in the game.
Code:
<PlayerColors>
    <Row>
      <Type>PLAYERCOLOR_GERMANY</Type>
      <PrimaryColor>COLOR_PLAYER_GERMANY_ICON</PrimaryColor>
      <SecondaryColor>COLOR_PLAYER_GERMANY_BACKGROUND</SecondaryColor>
      <TextColor>COLOR_PLAYER_WHITE_TEXT</TextColor>
    </Row>
  </PlayerColors>
  <Colors>
    <Row>
      <Type>COLOR_PLAYER_GERMANY_ICON</Type>
      <Red>0.145</Red>
      <Green>0.169</Green>
      <Blue>0.129</Blue>
      <Alpha>1.0</Alpha>
    </Row>
  </Colors>
  <Colors>
    <Row>
      <Type>COLOR_PLAYER_GERMANY_BACKGROUND</Type>
      <Red>0.702</Red>
      <Green>0.698</Green>
      <Blue>0.722</Blue>
      <Alpha>1.0</Alpha>
    </Row>
  </Colors>

NOTE: The RGB values are not the usual 0 to 255 values, but 0.0 to 1.0 values. To convert from the more usual values divide by 255 and round to 3 decimal places, eg 218 is 218/255 = 0.8549019607843137 so use the value 0.855.

Hmm thanks, but can you find the same line for barbarians? I couldnt find it. Please help.
And how should i swap the colors? This seem to be only Background color, what about Border color? Or is icon color border color?

EDIT: I tried doing it to Korea, in the file called "CIV5Civilization_DLC_Korea"
I changed their colors to black and red but it didn't work at all. It didn't change. Please help
; _ ;

Alright, so exactly what steps did you take to change the colors? Could we see the revised coding?
Just describing the problem is almost never sufficient for us to diagnose your problem.

Probably you edited the original file for vanilla version, instead of the BNW version (assets\DLC\Expansion2\DLC\DLC_05\Gameplay\XML\CIV5Civilization_DLC_Korea.xml)

And generally it's better to make a mod instead of editing the original files.

Alright, so exactly what steps did you take to change the colors? Could we see the revised coding?
Just describing the problem is almost never sufficient for us to diagnose your problem.

I edited this (this is for you too Angry Dwarf person above^ because you are wrong)
assets\DLC\Expansion2\DLC\DLC_05\Gameplay\XML\CIV 5Civilization_DLC_Korea.xml
I edited
<Type>COLOR_PLAYER_KOREA_BACKGROUND</Type>
<Red>0.1058</Red>
<Green>0.1294</Green>
<Blue>0.3765</Blue>
<Alpha>1</Alpha>
to
<Type>COLOR_PLAYER_KOREA_BACKGROUND</Type>
<Red>0</Red>
<Green>0</Green>
<Blue>0</Blue>
<Alpha>1</Alpha>
to make it black. But nothing changed in game. I didn't touch the icon color since it's already red.

:hmm: So, if that's all you did, it's sounds like you didn't save the file and/or aren't playing with both BNW and Korea enabled. Because that change looks functional...

I saved it, and i played BNW and started a game as Korea. It was still blue/red colors ; _ ;

Perhaps when checking if it works you loaded a saved game? I think the colors are saved with the game - try starting a new game, the color change should work then.

Edit: I didn't see your last post when writing the above. If you started a new game indeed then I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

Perhaps when checking if it works you loaded a saved game? I think the colors are saved with the game - try starting a new game, the color change should work then.

Edit: I didn't see your last post when writing the above. If you started a new game indeed then I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

I started a new game- fast on a small map. I don't even have any saves because i haven't played much ; n ; Hmm
Also, it was a normal game, with no mods.

NEVERMIND!!! It worked. I must have done something wrong the last time but i edited the exact same file and it worked- it's black and red.

Note that such change doesn't work for the colored civ icon. There are two versions of the civ icons: the "alpha" icon, used for city banners of cities belonging to other civs (which change colors), and the "shiny" colored icon, used for other purposes. This kind of icon is just colored graphics (.dds file), which doesn't change when you alter the player colors. So to change this icon you need to extract and edit the .dds file, which complicates things...

Note that such change doesn't work for the colored civ icon. There are two versions of the civ icons: the "alpha" icon, used for city banners of cities belonging to other civs (which change colors), and the "shiny" colored icon, used for other purposes. This kind of icon is just colored graphics (.dds file), which doesn't change when you alter the player colors. So to change this icon you need to extract and edit the .dds file, which complicates things...

I know it does o 3 o
I actually asked AgressiveWimp if he could make this a mod, icon + colors + making barbarians all black (border and bg)
And he agreed ^^

Top Bottom