changing corporate screen and city screen

Craig_Sutter

Deity
In the mod I am working on, I have added an eighth corporation. I am modifying the corporation screen and the city screen to account for the extra corporation.

For the corporate screen, I've used embryodead's Sword of Islam as a model as it has 8 corporations as well... I've altered it slightly. The edited portion is as follows.

Spoiler :
self.LEFT_EDGE_TEXT = 10
self.X_CORPORATION_START = 70 # edead (155)
self.DX_CORPORATION = 113 # edead (116)
self.Y_CORPORATION = 35
self.Y_GREAT_PERSON = 57
self.Y_BONUSES = 77
self.Y_FOUNDED = 112
self.Y_HEADQUARTERS = 142
self.Y_CORPORATION_NAME = 58

Additionally, I've edited out the row labels at the beginning of the date founded row and the headquarters row.

The above has seemed to work and I've got the corporations buttons and labels all showing up as I wish them to; however, the great person does not show up for the last corporation...

What do I have to do to cause the name of that great person to show on the screen? I'm pretty certain it's a python thing because the building and corporation sections of the respective xml files were simply copies of one of the other other corporations (altered to be relabeled corporation_8 where appropriate).

And I have one final question... what python file is used for the city screen? I need to alter it to add room for another corporation as well... Sword of Islam does this, but I've been unable to determine what file was altered.

Thanks for your help.

...which is a pretty mess...would have been nice if they had divided it.

What do I have to do to cause the name of that great person to show on the screen? I'm pretty certain it's a python thing

Probably not ;). The screen gets the infos directly from the XML, so no real need to change there anything.
But you should change the UnitInfos.xml to make the corp actually buildable ;).

Top Bottom