1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing default map settings

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by d4nte, Sep 15, 2007.

1. d4nte

d4nte Chieftain

Is there any way to change the type of map (size / type, ie fractal, custom continents, etc) that loads up when starting a "normal" (not "custom") game?

Also is there any way to change default player name of "User" (without having to go through the custom game menus)?

Ideally I would like to be able to select a single player game and have all the settings auotmatically load without having to go through custom game menus, or having to delete and type in new player name every game (yes, I AM lazy).

I'm sure I've seen something on the forums before about editing a particular file, but I'm buggered if I can find the post again (and I'm really starting to hate the search function on this site) :mad:

2. CXDamian

CXDamian sub-Chieftain

CivilizationIV.ini is the file your looking for.(in your civ4 directory there is a shortcut to it called _Civ4Config)

probably looking for Map and Alias, and possibly Quickstart (though I've never set that flag, so not 100% on its results)

3. d4nte

d4nte Chieftain

That's great - wish I'd played around with that file ages ago.

I've also been able to set the game options (raging barbs, perm alliances, etc) and victory conditions. One question though - in the ini file there are 8 victory settings, but in the custom game menu there are only 7.
    What is the other victory condition, and does it appear at the start or end of the line, ie

; Victory Conditions
    VictoryConditions = 11111000 or 01111001?