1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing Eras

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by ReathonFett, Sep 12, 2013.

1. ReathonFett

ReathonFett Chieftain

Does anyone know how to change the Starting Era from Prehistoric to ancient on a custom map? Even when i manually set it in the files, it still wants me to research sedentary lifestyle.

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Sedentary Lifestyle is the first Ancient Era tech, it is not a Prehistoric tech.

3. ReathonFett

ReathonFett Chieftain

Unfourtanetly, untill that tech is researched it still says the era is prehistoric, and makes it so that you have to build a prehistoric city with no buildings. this means to research the tech, it would take like, 300 turns. And maybe im just blind, but i cant find it in the worldbuilder to manually give it to the civs on the map. Me and my freinds are trying to do a multiplayer europe map, but we really dislike how slow the prehistoric era progresses, and just wanted to jump into the ancient era, so we could dominate as the Romans and greeks.... and I've only been able to find Europe maps as scenarios so far... it's just frustrating :/

4. civfan613

civfan613 Warlord

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob: