1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing religion

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by carnivore, Jul 24, 2011.

1. carnivore

carnivore Digital Monkey

Hi
    A quick question
    I am playing as the Calabim, and I founded the octopus overlord religion, got a holy city and built a nice temple in it
    After that I declared this religion as my official and applied theocracy
    Later on I founded the Ashen vail, and got another holy city. I sent priests to spread the religion and built a temple in each city
    Now, I want to change my official religion from octopus overlord to ashen vail, but I can't, it just won't allow me
    Is that a bug or maybe I am missed something ?

thanx

2. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

well ... you should only get a popup that by switching religion some of the units might go away, but it shouldn't block you from adapting that religion ...

3. Torugu

Torugu Prince

There used to be a bug that prevented you from switching religions if you had any units that would abandon you, not sure if it has been fixed. Are you using the SVN?

4. carnivore

carnivore Digital Monkey

I have some octopus overlord units, should I kill them i order to change the religion ?

and what is SVN ?

5. Randomness

Randomness ...

SVN is the new method the RifE team has decided to use to distrubute the latest versions. It allows them to to release micro-patches very easily and, once set up, makes updating to the newest version extremely easy.

This thread should explain things better.
    http://greyfox.me/rife/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=79

6. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

What he said. ;)

There will, of course, still be standard patches. Just fewer of them.

7. JEiK66

JEiK66 Chieftain

IIRC one of the Calabim leaders has a -100 affinity with some evil religions, preventing him/her from converting.