Cheapest place to buy civ vi?

sa1vy

Warlord
Basically the title.
$60 for the game (or $80 for the DDE, which I'll probably get) is a lot of money, and no place seems to have it on sale. Is there any place that currently does, or may in future sometime before launch, have it on sale? I wasn't into civ yet when vanilla civ v came out, so I don't know what's normal for the series. I don't really care where I buy it as long as I get to play it on day 1. Thanks in advance.

Places I've thought to look so far:
Steam: It's not part of the civ franchise sale for the steam summer sale.
Greenmangaming usually gives a 20% off on most things, but it isn't applying for this game.
Humble store: you can get 10% off if you're subscribed to them, but the subscription cost is more than what you would save on this.

Info on Amazon is not complete. If you have Amazon Prime and preorder, you get a 20% discount if you buy the hard disk as opposed to the [Amazon] download edition. Also, just got an email a couple of days ago that it will be delivered on 10/21. (Fortunately, my wife is planning a trip out of town with some girlfriends that weekend!)

I am surprised that nobody posted on Civfanatics that Civ6 can be preordered on de.gamesplanet.com with 20% discount since days! The site is only on German

20% discount (47.99 EUR for normal, 63,99 EUR for delux) at de.gamesplanet.com! I have found it on 23rd June but the price is still the same.
I am guessing that Steam would have a discount on the last day of the summer sale as well.

be careful: This game is region locked and will only activate in Europe, Africa and middle East.

The region lock info is on the de.gamesplanet.com site in an orange box.

Got the deluxe edition for USD$58.39 at GreenMan Gaming (using a 27% discount voucher I got through email).

Got the deluxe edition for USD$58.39 at GreenMan Gaming (using a 27% discount voucher I got through email).

Is this website credible at all?

Moderator Action: "Discount on Civ VI" merged into the main thread dealing with cheapest place to buy Civ VI

I am guessing that Steam would have a discount on the last day of the summer sale as well.

I wouldn't count on it. I've never seen an unreleased game go on sale on Steam, and the new model of Steam sale (which I'm very grateful for) doesn't involve changing sales.

Top Bottom