1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Chronicles of Mankind

Discussion in 'Modmods, add-ons and scenarios' started by Zeta Nexus, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

okay, I'll see that too.
    What about you anastazjazz? How far did you get in the game? If you are already in the medieval era or later, could you please also post a save file just for comparison? Thx!

2. anastazjasz

anastazjasz Chieftain

It was stable till today, I was 8 turns from Theology when my Polish games froze, here is save from few turns (7) before that. Game is over 780 turns long.

Attached Files:

3. jopin

jopin Chieftain

I'm sorry but I may ask a stupid question, how to upload these additional modules like civilizations and music, etc., where should I bury it? I apologize for this question but I really have no idea how to do it;)

4. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

You'll find the link in my signature.

Installation:
    1. Extract the file
    2. Copy the Assets folder to your Chronicles of Mankind folder
    3. Say 'Yes' to overwrite files
    4. Start the launcher and check the "Modules". Enable whatever you like [/COLOR]
    5. Enjoy :)

Attached Files:

5. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

THX. I'll check it ASAP.

6. Martreus

Martreus Chieftain

Hello again!

I've got a new hang at AD 1909, Industrial Era. Applied the patch posted and it still freezes. I'll share two saves: the freeze at passing turns on AD1909-Spring and a previous one at 1908-Spring (four turns later). I have more previous saves (I save very often), so it is needed I can share them.

Any info needed, just ask!

EDIT1: I tried to start passing turns from the previous save and it worked now. O.o
    Wonder what changed, but thanks for the patch!

EDIT2: Now I noticed I was playing the wrong version of the game. My save needed to reload some stuff and I've missed lots of techs. I will start a new play, but probably the fix solved the issue by now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  7. jopin

jopin Chieftain

and how is the situation on the front of the fight with mod, any progress? but can't anything be done about it?

8. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Sorry guys but I had like zero time for modding. I'm so busy these days, that I havent played my own mod for weeks or months. :cry:
    But I'll let you know when I have something. ;)

9. jopin

jopin Chieftain

ok so I'm waiting patiently! :)

Zeta Nexus likes this.
  10. Côte de Bœuf

Côte de Bœuf Chieftain

Just popping in to report a freeze that happens at turn 787. I'm not going to post the save file since it includes my real name, but it seems likely that I'm experiencing a similar issue to what anastazjasz reported.
    I was playing a Huge "Big and Small" map as Greece with Pericles modified to be Industrious and Scientific instead of Scientific and Philosophical. I had six cities and a pretty commanding technological and economic lead.
    Hope it's resolved; CoM has been some of the best Civ I've experienced since getting into mods.

11. black213

black213 Chieftain

I tried installing the mod again, in order of 1.0, 1.02 patch, 1.02 hotfix. Also applied the megapack.
    Choosing between the terrain textures from the launcher is borked. It doesn't load the chosen textures, and results in vanilla textures with some pink splotches scattered around.

12. Martreus

Martreus Chieftain

There's a fix on this post:
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/chronicles-of-mankind.643052/page-7#post-15470511

Just unpack the contents in the corresponding folders and reload game using launcher.

What I noticed the texture context options menu does is deleting the corresponding texture FPKs on the asset folder. Just don't try to change that for now. You may have to copy on acquire the textures again.

13. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

I still had no time for modding but at least I'm out of hospital.
    Maybe now that I MUST rest I will be able to solve the mystery...

14. jopin

jopin Chieftain

out of hospital ??? !!!! all OK ??? get well !!!

15. Côte de Bœuf

Côte de Bœuf Chieftain

You've been in the hospital? I'm sorry to hear that; I hope you're doing alright and that you get well soon.
    I really enjoy your CoM mod and eagerly await any patch that addresses the freezes that have been preventing me from playing it freely, but I do not want you to feel bad for not working on it if you've been in the hospital. Civ mods should be a labor of love, not least because they're (as far as I know) always completely free of charge. The last thing I would want is for you to think of this project as an obligation of yours to the community, and this is doubly true if you've been having medical issues that compromise your ability to work on it.

16. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Thx for the good wishes.
    Don't worry: I don't feel obliged for anything. I keep modding at it's place: it's a hobby.

About the loops: I think they are related to Caste System civic but still unsure about it.
    Stay tuned.

17. Martreus

Martreus Chieftain

Good to know! I'll gather some data on the logs and check if Caste System is somewhere to be found. I've got new loops sometime ago, so it could be the cause.

18. laniatus

laniatus Chieftain

H E R O

19. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Well, I have spent quite some time today with digging for the reason of that loop but I'm still clueless. :dunno:
    I am no longer sure about Caste civic being guilty.

EDIT:The only thing thet helped is restarting the game from an earlier autosave to postpone the loop for some time.

If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  20. anastazjasz

anastazjasz Chieftain

For my games (3) repeating autosaves and trying to pass frozen turn doesn't help, I even switched on random seed (I do it always anyway) but its not helping either.

I was thinking was it like that in the older version of the mod also?I recon I haven't seen that loop problem before...