City Improvements

Hi, it's me again
I was just wondering, can someone recommend a tutorial about how to add new city improvements to a scenario in Cİv III?
Thank you for your attention.

1) Create folders:

-Go to your scenario folder, create the folder "Art"

-Inside "Art", create the folder "City screen"
  • Copy paste the stock game city screen sheet (from the Art folder of Conquest stock game) into that folder
  • Paste the new city improvements into the large and small sheets at the bottom of the improvement graphics (under Knight's Templar). This is important for the pedialcon entry later and save. I personally use Gimp.
-Inside "Art", create the folder "Civilopedia"

-Inside "Civilopedia", create the folder "Buildings"
  • Copy paste the new city improvement's civilopedia images (pcx files) into "Buildings". Make sure every pcx file is indexed so that the game can read it
-Inside "Art", create the folder "Wonder Splash" if you want to add wonders and small wonders.
  • Copy paste the new SW or Wonder's splash image into the folder "Wonder Splash

2) Create the improvement and setting Properties in the editor:

-In the editor, go to "Properties"

-In "Search Folder", enter the folder you want to game to read from. Example: "..\scenarios\main mod". My scenario folder is called "Main Mod".

-In the editor, click "City Improvements" or "BLDG" in the Quintillus editor. Add a new improvement, give it functions.

3) Pedialcons

-Go to your scenario folder, create the folder "Text"

-Copy paste the stock game's pedialcon text from the folder "Text" in Conquest

-In "Text", add another "BLDG" entry.

-Give this entry a determiner so that the game can read it. Fail to do so and the game crashes upon building the first city. There are "SINGLE", "CULTURAL" and "ERA".

-Give this entry a number so that the game can read it from the sheet we did earlier. Knight's Templar is number 81. So your added improvement will be 82 and so on.

-Enter the name of the civilopedia icons that you've added earlier

Example:

#ICON_BLDG_Flak_Tower
SINGLE
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Flak_tower_large.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Flak_tower_small.pcx

-Save the new Pedialcon text sheet.

Hi, it's me again
I was just wondering, can someone recommend a tutorial about how to add new city improvements to a scenario?
Thank you for your a

1) Create folders:

-Go to your scenario folder, create the folder "Art"

-Inside "Art", create the folder "City screen"
  • Copy paste the stock game city screen sheet (from the Art folder of Conquest stock game) into that folder
  • Paste the new city improvements into the large and small sheets at the bottom of the improvement graphics (under Knight's Templar). This is important for the pedialcon entry later and save. I personally use Gimp.
-Inside "Art", create the folder "Civilopedia"

-Inside "Civilopedia", create the folder "Buildings"
  • Copy paste the new city improvement's civilopedia images (pcx files) into "Buildings". Make sure every pcx file is indexed so that the game can read it
-Inside "Art", create the folder "Wonder Splash" if you want to add wonders and small wonders.
  • Copy paste the new SW or Wonder's splash image into the folder "Wonder Splash

2) Create the improvement and setting Properties in the editor:

-In the editor, go to "Properties"

-In "Search Folder", enter the folder you want to game to read from. Example: "..\scenarios\main mod". My scenario folder is called "Main Mod".

-In the editor, click "City Improvements" or "BLDG" in the Quintillus editor. Add a new improvement, give it functions.

3) Pedialcons

-Go to your scenario folder, create the folder "Text"

-Copy paste the stock game's pedialcon text from the folder "Text" in Conquest

-In "Text", add another "BLDG" entry.

-Give this entry a determiner so that the game can read it. Fail to do so and the game crashes upon building the first city. There are "SINGLE", "CULTURAL" and "ERA".

-Give this entry a number so that the game can read it from the sheet we did earlier. Knight's Templar is number 81. So your added improvement will be 82 and so on.

-Enter the name of the civilopedia icons that you've added earlier

Example:

#ICON_BLDG_Flak_Tower
SINGLE
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Flak_tower_large.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Flak_tower_small.pcx

-Save the new Pedialcon text sheet.
Thank you very much for your help :D
Now it all worked out

(Note: I forgot to mention that I was actually editing an already existing scenario [I turned Napoleonic Europe into a WWII scenario] so I actually didn't have to create all those folders but thank you)

Top Bottom