[BTS] City map zoom

Alan Vincent

Chieftain
Any idea how to zoom out on the city map. As you will see from the attached photo it's zoomed in too far to manage all of the tiles.

I've tried various game resolutions and screen resolutions. It does the same thing on both my desktop and laptop.

I've tried pgup and pgdm, also the mouse wheel but it seems to me like the zoom is locked.

The screenshots in the manual make the map look more zoomed out.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20220504_100351.jpg
    IMG_20220504_100351.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 63
You could increase CAMERA_CITY_ZOOM_IN_DISTANCE in GlobalDefines.xml. I don't think there's any way to move the camera while the city screen is up. Looks like you're using a mod – those aren't the original yield icons. (I've seen them before in the Russian Civil War mod, but I suppose multiple mods use them. Edit, two days later: Realism Invictus uses them too, might be the original source.) If it's a BUG-based mod, then it should have a field-of-view (FoV) slider that can be enabled on the BUG menu. PlatyUI also has such a widget, a few other mods too perhaps. A low FoV value would explain your issue. If there's no mod handling the FoV, then it gets set through FIELD_OF_VIEW in GlobalDefines.xml. Your fonts also look strange – playing on a compatibility layer? Well, I don't think that affects the camera ...

Last edited:
What OS are you using? Where did you get the game (disc, GOG, Steam, somewhere else)? Are you using BTS 3.19 or an earlier version? All of these things in combination can sometimes cause problems, depending on which ones you are using.

What OS are you using? Where did you get the game (disc, GOG, Steam, somewhere else)? Are you using BTS 3.19 or an earlier version? All of these things in combination can sometimes cause problems, depending on which ones you are using.
Hi on Windows 10 on desktop using Steam, so I guess it's the latest version of BtS. Also using XP on the laptop with Civ Complete CD running v313. Both look the same.

You could increase CAMERA_CITY_ZOOM_IN_DISTANCE in GlobalDefines.xml. I don't think there's any way to move the camera while the city screen is up. Looks like you're using a mod – those aren't the original yield icons. (I've seen them before in the Russian Civil War mod, but I suppose multiple mods use them.) If it's a BUG-based mod, then it should have a field-of-view (FoV) slider that can be enabled on the BUG menu. PlatyUI also has such a widget, a few other mods too perhaps. A low FoV value would explain your issue. If there's no mod handling the FoV, then it gets set through FIELD_OF_VIEW in GlobalDefines.xml. Your fonts also look strange – playing on a compatibility layer? Well, I don't think that affects the camera ...
Hi, thanks for the information. yes I'm using Civ4 Remastered graphics mod. I'll try removing it. I'll also try the XML edit.

All sorted, thanks so much, it was Civ4 Remastered Mod causing the issue. So I changed the CAMERA_CITY_ZOOM_IN_DISTANCE value in GlobalDefines.xml in the Mod itself as that was overwriting the default XML.

I've not heard of BUG before, I'll also look into that.

Great. Out of curiosity – do you have a link to that "Remastered" mod? I can't seem to find it via Google.

Ah, I remember now, thanks. (Didn't find it because I had searched only for "remastered".) Indeed sets a very low FoV value in XML, I can't see the top row either when I launch that mod.

Top Bottom