City of Furuyama: Use Gems Now? Or Later?

Donovan Zoi

The Return
Furuyama will stand to grow to size 3 in 6 turns, but it is currently not using its Gems to enhance our research. Do you think it is a good idea to stunt its growth momentarily for some short term benefits?

Here is how Furuyama will be set up for the commencement of Monday's chat.

I would like to propose an immediate switch from and unworked Grassland to Gems, which will double our production time and quadruple the city's commerce.

As you will see, keeping Furuyama Gem-less will not enhance our IW research time:

However, the increased commerce from Gems would cut our research time to 11 turns!

----------

Points to consider:

---> The Domestic Office has requested that the nearby worker be sent to the Gems next, leaving the other grassland still unworked.

---> As Mayor of Furuyama, I see no future for the city beyond Size 3 until at least a Temple is built. And no Size 6 plans until Monarchy.

---> It is more imperative for our workers to build a roadnet than to enhance a small piece of property.

---> We run the risk of falling behind in science.

In Conclusion: If there are no immediate plans to improve the second Grassland, then it only makes sense to utilize the Gems to cut our research by 4 turns.

I fully support the proposal of DZ, this may skyrocket our research by margins, and may be a lesson for the puritans that do not endorse the Ladies Best Friend (Diamond)

Also, some notes for upcoming techs:

Mysticism would drop from 20 to 14 turns
Alphabet would drop from 24 to 17 turns
Masonry would drop from 21 to 15 turns

And of course, Iron Working drops from 15 to 11. And since I would like our next chat to end on Annum Ferrum(Year of Iron), I find it much more palatable for citizen involvement to have that glorious age begin in 11 turns instead of enduring another 15+ turnchat.

This was the secret argument we kept for ourselves, C would be a scientific navigational beacon both into the unknown techs and the unknown oceans. This minor shift of one tile to another, saves us more turns than the famous Babylonian trade ever did.

I salute you Donovan Zoi, brilliant move! :) Let us do this and stop at turn 11.

Thanks, Provo. I hope that the others agree.

We could probably implement the same for Site G in the current Settler poll. I will add my vote straight away. :)

Given the Governor's Instructions for that location, (Where is the Culture Minister?!) I'd have to say definitely impliment this strategy at site G.

Actually, with this move here, and putting the sole citizen on a River Gem at Site G, We would likely get bring it down to the standard 10 :eek: . (G working on River Gems SE of City would likely Add at least 3 Gold after corruption.)

Important note, there will never be a site G, if this is implemented before 6 turns has elapsed, simply due to the fact that this is how long it takes to get to size 3, where we can release a settler for the trek southwards. So the Compromise solution would be present tile setup for 6 turns, then we save 2-3 turns on iron working, but we get the settler for city G that will permanently boost research and control the soouthern Cop-prosperity sphere. DZ, I hope 13 turns sounds better? :)

What I meant was, if Site G pulls off the upset. It's only 7 demi-votes behind... :)

Problem is: Until we get some mines in place, Furuyama will be a 1-shield City unless we work that Mountain. And even then, it'd be only 2 Shields.

It's probably better just to keep Furuyama at Size 2 for now, Double the Production, and advance IW by 80 years.

Why not wait 6 turns to shift tiles, so we get that settler up and running?

Darn, just do the tech deal, it may give us a head start.

Of course is this a good idea. The more resources science gets, the faster we will be number 1 in the world. First on science and because of that later automatically on all other fields as well.

The science department enthousiastically supports the use of the gems.

Rik Meleet
Minister of Science

We do not need to to build a Settler out of Furuyama. Those that supported this location(myself included) did so with the knowledge that it had limited resources, and would not be a Settler factory.

Our capital, and the upcoming Site C, will be the best settler factories for now. And I would rather wait three extra turns to found Site G than lose 16 turns of Gems. :) Especially since we may have lost 6 turns of this opportunity by extending the last chat to 17 turns. ;)

Move noted, mayor. I will switch production and change it to gems. Question is, is there anything in particular to produce?

Side Note: Pure genius as usual

Ahh, great to see my named city contributing so much to science. :)

Looks good, I want my shiny sharp clubs

Maybe I won't cooperate. :p

Don't worry, I will get to the shiny sharp clubs as soon as some spears get in there. Perhaps a barracks will be needed soon for possible warrior upgrades.

Top Bottom