City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

Before I go messing around in the coding, has someone created a fix/mod that allows us to use the dll version with CP only?

I've been running CSD with the CP by replacing the .dll in the CSD folder with a copy of the one from CP. It seems to be working fine except for AIs not contributing to World Congress projects.
Have you encountered any issues with this? Also is some feature missing from this mod?

Great mod! It really gives a game a different edge! I also use bunch of other low-level mods like new building and stuff and there haven't been any conflict. AI work okay for me. For example, i just had a Wargames. America and Sweden both rather peaceful players contributed just over 700 hammers, so enough to claim two prizes, but not to compete and waste production of useless attack bonus.
Also I am actually impressed with how AI balances WC decisions. In original version i always had a problem that my so-called friends, who are not only depended on me economically but also were military inferior always backstabbed me on international stage. Now in my recent game Morocco who is y friend, weak military actually votes in my favor, including helping me to be host etc.
Anyway everything works fine for me, i't also challenging. Esp with Siam present. I simply can't wrestle the control of religious city state that i need, i am on 150 influence and they still would not budge. Also big thumbs for AI, Siam almost always insures that it has +40-45 influence more than me, so even if i managed to send a diplomat or complete a quest, it's falls a bit short of alliance. Frustrating, sure, but also quite engaging.

Nearly forgot.The one issue i had is that i was able to build Order special National Wonder "Palace of Science" without Public Sc in all cities. It's working fine, i get additional votes and bonuses.
Also it might been a result of me using building mods (by thecrazyscotsman's, all era specific, strategic and policy), but other that everything works fine. Including two Chanceries. I've tested, while the game messes up the Wiki/Help page (perfectly understandable, it redirects me from CSD Chancery to he page of Unique Patronage building), but there are two Chanceries, they work as they supposed to etc.

Hello Gazebo! Thanks for this great mod! This mod isn't compatible with Nutty's "City States Leaders II" (city state screens are messed up). Is there a patch or something that solves the problem? Thanks for help! :D

Hello Gazebo! Thanks for this great mod! This mod isn't compatible with Nutty's "City States Leaders II" (city state screens are messed up). Is there a patch or something that solves the problem? Thanks for help! :D

I used to enjoy that mod as well before Vox Populi. However, it's not compatible so it's a sacrifice you'll need to make to play this mod. If someone has made a compatible version I will be very pleasantly surprised :)

If you want to try a City-State mod that is compatible with Vox Populi, I've always liked Unique City-States https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/unique-city-states.607883/. It will make Statecraft more powerful, but I can live with the slight imbalance since I enjoy the extra layer of depth it gives to CS.

Too bad it doesn't work since it's definately one of those mods that adds something really immersive and diverse without cluttering, bloating and making anything imbalanced. It should be every modders priority to make it compatible with VP. :)

upload_2018-7-22_20-11-24.png

How nice is that?

Last edited:
Does someone know if it exists similar file that "GermanText.xml" and "GermanText.sql" (which are already included in the mod) but written in English? (basically files regrouping everything which should be translated)
I'm aiming to translate the mod in French, so it would help a lot if there is such files.

Started using CSD a couple of days ago (v25) and am now 50 turns into a heavily modded game. Nothing much has happened yet but I still get swamped by CS Requests to go bully another CS. I was hoping this would have been taken out, since this behaviour goes straight against the diplomacy thing. I also got a request to denounce China which has bullied and extorted money from a CS. I never do that with China as I aim to make China a friend. Wonder how it will turn out. Oh, and I also keep getting requests to build Mount Rushmore from the getgo although I have just the one city with no mountain in sight.

So, things I'd like to see changed, if at all feasable:
- No more tasks to go bully another City State
- No tasks to build wonders that cannot be built for lack of the correct terrain available.

I created an Envoy out of thin air using the IGE (Ingame Editor) and the figurine is scaled properly and looks nifty. I'm using a couple of R.E.D. mods so I'm glad the scaling didn't go screwy. The unit's symbol artwork is very nice too. Great work :)

I'll hop in with more findings as I move along in the game. I'll also make a note of all the mods I'm using so folks can get an idea with what mods the CDS mod doesn't clash.

Last edited:
Started using CSD a couple of days ago (v25) and am now 50 turns into a heavily modded game. Nothing much has happened yet but I still get swamped by CS Requests to go bully another CS. I was hoping this would have been taken out, since this behaviour goes straight against the diplomacy thing. I also got a request to denounce China which has bullied and extorted money from a CS. I never do that with China as I aim to make China a friend. Wonder how it will turn out. Oh, and I also keep getting requests to build Mount Rushmore from the getgo although I have just the one city with no mountain in sight.

So, things I'd like to see changed, if at all feasable:
- No more tasks to go bully another City State
- No tasks to build wonders that cannot be built for lack of the correct terrain available.

I created an Envoy out of thin air using the IGE (Ingame Editor) and the figurine is scaled properly and looks nifty. I'm using a couple of R.E.D. mods so I'm glad the scaling didn't go screwy. The unit's symbol artwork is very nice too. Great work :)

I'll hop in with more findings as I move along in the game. I'll also make a note of all the mods I'm using so folks can get an idea with what mods the CDS mod doesn't clash.
A request for bullying, conquering or spying is diplomacy, too. It's gunship diplomacy.

City state quests are for all players, not just you. If they request something you cannot grant, other players will.

Gunboat Diplomacy is a nineteenth century Imperialism thing. I'm playing with a mod that starts the game 20 thousand BCE...
A: "Hey I don't like this tribe, they said our chieftain walk funny"
A: "I'll pay you this just to steal their women and food"

I've re-enstated money gifts but now the "Give a Tile Improvement" and "Back" buttons no longer work in the City State's communication pop-up. Not sure if this is due to the change as I hadn't tried those buttons before.

A: "Hey I don't like this tribe, they said our chieftain walk funny"
A: "I'll pay you this just to steal their women and food"

What's that supposed to mean, Engin?

I've re-enstated money gifts but now the "Give a Tile Improvement" and "Back" buttons no longer work in the City State's communication pop-up. Not sure if this is due to the change as I hadn't tried those buttons before.

What's that supposed to mean, Engin?

Thank you for the interest in CSD. I recommend you check out Vox Populi, the natural successor to CSD.

G

Thank you for the interest in CSD. I recommend you check out Vox Populi, the natural successor to CSD.

G
Thanks for the recommendation but I had a look at it before and wasn't particularly interested. I think it had to do with not being compatible with a few mods I'm using while CSD works with all of them as far as I know. I'll have a second look at Vox Populi, however.

In the individual City Overview (left-clicking on one of your own cities), the numbers for Happines and Prosperity are missing/left blank.

Hello. I don't use Vox Populi.
When activating mods:
"Community Patch Only (4.4.2)" and "City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) without DLL, v.14" - diplomatic units do not have the ability to interact with city-states (no button). But for example, everything is fine with a great merchant.

Is it possible to do something about this?

Top Bottom