1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

City state puppeting another city state?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Chemical Toilet, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Chemical Toilet

Chemical Toilet Chieftain

I've never seen this happen before.

Japan conquered Beunos Aires. I sent some units to liberate it, but by the time they got there, I see that Melbourne (their next door neighbor) is apparently puppeting it!

Is this a rare occurance or a new feature of BNW? What is the purpose? I have never seen the city state AI do something like this before.

2. Mercurio

Mercurio Chieftain

Ally of city state A declared war on city state B or ally of city state B. One of those CSs managed to conquer the other, but since you can't raze city states it was puppeted.

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

City-states have always been able to take cities, they just don't usually. Usually they raze the city that they take, but since they took another city-state (from a civ), they were forced to puppet it. They also puppet capitals. I suppose they could have liberated it, but I guess the code made it choose to puppet instead.

4. Paradigne

Paradigne Emperor

I saw this in G&K. A CS actually had a Japanese puppet. Allying with them gives you any luxuries in both cities.

5. Horizons

Horizons Needing fed again!

I think this only happens on higher difficulties ... on Prince the CS are always so feeble that they never come anywhere near to capturing other cities. THe best they can do is send a single unit wandering around enemy territory to get bombarded to death.

6. Byzantine Bomb

Byzantine Bomb Warlord

I've seen Brussels puppet Amsterdam, snatching it from the French. :lol:

7. Teleon22

Teleon22 Chieftain

I actually use Allied City States for pupating enemy civilization Cities that border my own and the Allied City State for the very purpose of creating a nice buffer zone between my Civilization and my rivals. In my current game, I have achieved this very goal.

Just also be aware that City States often raze the cities as well. They seem not to however raze other city states.

8. Rob5000

Rob5000 Chieftain

Ive seen this happen since GK

9. earthwulf

earthwulf Warlord

I actually wish CS's would be more agro during war. I tend to play on King & very rarely have a problem with them. It'd be great if they were able to expand more on lower difficulties.

10. Scott Jegg

Scott Jegg Warlord

On harder levels they are plenty agro if they have the units and are close enough. I've had CS allies takes cities for me, which isn't great, as they will just raze a city I wanted to puppet. I've even lost my own cities to a CS; not cities I've built, but ones I've captued and they've taken and razed when they were allied with the enemy. Also annoying.

You really need to be careful when declaring war if there are CS allies around.