City States

Would be nice if these city-states cropped up around specific map features- maybe controlling water passages, narrow land bridges, or rare resources.

Sounds cool but we know so little at the moment. I want more news! :)

I personally love the idea...one thing that came to mind is that if you're friendly enough with one of them, maybe you could hire out mercenaries from them (it always bugged me how you could never lay out battle plans with AI...sure you could say "Why don't you attack this city?" but in my experience they never would...)

I would anticipate the concept of City States in CIV5 being essentially an evolution of the mechanics found in RevolutionDCM, wherein barbarian states eventually develop into minor civilizations with the capacity to become a major civilization or to merge with other more dominant civs.

Would be nice if these city-states cropped up around specific map features- maybe controlling water passages, narrow land bridges, or rare resources.

That's a great idea. Then you can just ignore them if they're blocking your iron.

So I can finally have my Luxemburgers!

CA sort of kind of tried this in Empire, and it turned out to be a critical failure. They were overly aggressive balls of fluff who hurled themselves onto the spiky wall of doom, aka the player faction.

But since ETW overall sucked that was just kind of expected after awhile.

But in Civ, this would make a lot more sense. The city states could function like the natives in Colonization, but in a much more advanced way. Hopefully.

I think that both citystates and barbarians should be implemented. After all, all races were nomadic once.

Top Bottom