Civ 2 Chieftain of the Month #1

fantasy_sports

Chieftain
Chieftain of the Month now has a civ 2 version using the 2.4.2 patch for Civ 2 Classic! I have included the settings like always following this introduction.
Size:large
Mass:large
Land Form:Archipelago
Climate:wet
Temperature:temperate
Civs:7
Barbarians:villages only
special rules:none
Civ:Celts
Ruler:Boadicea
Citys:bronze age
Start Techs:Bronze Working
Saves Required:1 A.D. and the turn before the game ends
The files are available at http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/fanta...st?.dir=/Civ+2-Chieftain+of+the+Month&.view=l . The Chieftain of the Month website is located at http://www.geocities.com/fantasy_sports_player_2002/COTM.html . The website will not be down because files are uploaded to a briefcase instead of the site itself.

Chieftain of the month???...hehehe...I like it :D

Its not really the best idea ever...Everyone who joins should be able to complete it easily which could just make the game boring to play...

It could be a lead-in to the GOTM here. This is perfect to those who cannot master the techniques, or those who just got the game. Once we get better, we'll move on, and not make it unfair to others by "Raising the Grade Curve."

Please everybody here! :p

Play the real GOTM. You can always play this as an addition but when playing the `real thing` you are able to learn much more!
And submit your tries, even if you get killed. It is a casual contest, noone is going to laugh, we will help you instead if you have any questions.
So PLEASE!
We need every submission we can get!
:D

Beginners, please don't listen to lucky's idea of trying to destroy COTM, people who just got the game or aren't very good should play here, while the rest should play GOTM on Diety level.

I am participating in the CotM contest as well as the GotM contest.
I think it´s a great idea. I mean the first GotM I gave a try only served to frustrate me, as it was impossible for me to win at Deity. Sure, it is a lot easier for everyone to win at Chieftain, but those who come up with this argument should keep in mind that we are playing for fun too! And there´s beginners and people who aren´t willing to invest the amount of energy and concentration that it takes to play a game at one of the top difficulty levels.
Personally I like Warlord better than Chieftain, and my game so far has been rather focused on just a single thing: Expansion. Who said "advanced tribe mania"? (In an area a bit away from my starting territory I got four cities, all with borders to one of the other three cities!).
Are the huts more likely to yield Advanced Tribes at Chieftain or was this pure luck?
- "Malta"

I have recieved the first post for either the Civ 2 or Civ 3 COTM. Reminder, the due date for games is not very far away.

OK at the upper levels I can disband cities -- build the settlers & engineers, etc.

I tried a chieftan level game this month (my first at this level!) & tried to disband a city -- only to discover that at size one, my engineer with 40 shields contributed became an engineer with 44 shields contributed & not a finished product (not too mention the 48 & 52 shield unproduced engineer....:confused:

What gives?

I don't understand this, but I know that you can't disband a city at Chieftain like this. Not sure about the extra shields at all really. Maybe if you bought the rest of the shields (however many there would be) then it might build it. But it won't disband the city though, you'll have a city and an engineer. But the food can still run out on the engineer. You should try to starve your cities liek this though, by making everyone an Elvis or putting the workers onto mountains. This should work.

CoM... an interesting idea. Did it ever continue beyond March (I can't get your Geocities link to work)?

...But it won't disband the city though, you'll have a city and an engineer. ...

At the easiest level, you can't disband your cities by producing a Settler/Eng in a size one (unfilled food bin) city. This is to prevent new players from "accidently" destroying their cities. It's a little known fact that when you found your first city at all hihger levels, this will still be true... with one catch. You have one and only one (the original) city. You can churn out the settlers with no fear, but in reality this would probably only be a factor in an unusual circumstance, like OCC game starting with say, river Peat. :)

Originally posted by starlifter

At the easiest level, you can't disband your cities by producing a Settler/Eng in a size one (unfilled food bin) city. This is to prevent new players from "accidently" destroying their cities. It's a little known fact that when you found your first city at all hihger levels, this will still be true... with one catch. You have one and only one (the original) city. You can churn out the settlers with no fear, but in reality this would probably only be a factor in an unusual circumstance, like OCC game starting with say, river Peat. :)

G'day starlifter, nice to see you around again. :goodjob:

Yep, that inability to disband cities always caused me angst when having to remove a badly placed goody hut or AI mistake. Ye have to change the terrain to forest or the like, and then starve them down.
And that takes time.

G'day starlifter, nice to see you around again.

Thanks, its nice to find such high interest in CFC, even if Civ 3 take the bulk of attention.... LOL, I have not yet played Civ 3 but have it, have DL'd the patches, etc.... I need to upgrade my machine first :).

Yep, that inability to disband cities always caused me angst when having to remove a badly placed goody hut or AI mistake. Ye have to change the terrain to forest or the like, and then starve them down.
And that takes time

I kill cities all the time.... I just started GOTM 16 and have killed at least 3 so far. I can't recall playing a game (except OCC) without killing off multiple cities. I typically max the shields of the size one, and hook another sett/eng to "eat" the food till the last moment, then reassign him to another city or found one, and buy the last few shields before the size one food box if full. With gold, almost all things in Civ 2 are possible!

Originally posted by starlifter
With gold, almost all things in Civ 2 are possible!

As the old saying goes, 'money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you all the things that bring happiness." :D :lol:

Top Bottom