civ 3 players will not move on

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Ace of Gold, Nov 13, 2007.

1. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

T.A Jones, the man who just wouldn't stop talking about something he doesn't like.

Moderator Action: This is not contributing to the discussion.

Discuss the points, not the people making them.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    The good that I see in Civ4 compared with Civ3 is the ability to play in windowed mode :).

3. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Deity

Wow surprise, surprise More flamebait coming from biggest troll of late
    Well hey, atleast according to others, I submit legit points about both games (A Civ4 member's response to mrts ban request ;) )
    I'll keep talking ways to make the game right while you keep on with the flameboy delight :rolleyes:

Moderator Action: Please report posts. Responses like this inflame the situation, not make it better.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Takin from "Rant of 50" Full article can be found here
    IN response to my post..

AS you see Im for sharing ideas for improving CIv4 as much as you are for sharing your hatred towards civ3 and its players. Lets check the archive some more to back this up...lol

4. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Moderator Action: I have reviewed some of your 'contributions' to this thread, and concluded that they are largely destructive rather than constructive. In fact, there's probably enough trolling & flaming from you to warrant a ban.

I therefore recommend that you either debate the issues, or stay out of the thread entirely. Any more posts that I consider to be flaming, trolling or attacks on people will be dealt with.

5. Swein Forkbeard

Swein Forkbeard Nintendo Fan

OK Civ3 players, I need to ask you how much time you spent with Civ4. My theory is that you tried Civ4 in its infancy and didn't like it; come on, give it a chance! Civ4 is now much, much different than in December 2005.

6. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

:lol: does it bother you that you spend so much time rebutting me when I dont even spend half the effort? you dig in archives, you link to posts, you do this and that, but it just makes it seem like I'm really getting to you.

I'm gonna go play some Civ IV while you look up more archived posts. Have fun and goodnight.

Moderator Action: Trolling & ignoring moderator warning - warned.

7. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Deity

I guess you didn't get the joke. Proving my point took nothing but repeats from out the R'epertoire! ( google,copy, paste!! so tiring!!but hey well worth the result lol lol)
    But ya, Have fun playin civ4 son I guess when you call out the civ3 forum 'to rot' certain things said on this thread by a certain someone have started to get to ya huh? :lol:

Moderator Action: I told you to report it, not carry on. Warned.

8. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

9. Ogedei_the_Mad

Ogedei_the_Mad Caffeinated Khagan

Not much of a theory there, but more a hypothesis.

I play both Civ3 and Civ4. There are merits in both and I see endless possibilities in Civ4, but Civ3's relative simplicity and ease of simple modifications are what keeps me hooked on it more than Civ4.

10. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

Just to confirm that I've moved on. Back to Civ 3 a month ago. Now back
    to Civ 4 today. Just movin' on folks, whatever the direction, if i like and
    when I like. At least we've got a choice.
    Democracy in action! Don't ya luv it?:lol:

11. PredatorFett

PredatorFett steam user

So here's what you're trying to say:

CIV 4 = civ 3 for lazy people who can't make their own units? Just a thought.:D

(not meant to be demeaning. Just joking here folks.)

12. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Nah, Civ3 = Civ4 for people too cheap to buy new hardware :D

(don't snap, it's a retalitory joke) ;)

13. Merum

Merum Permanent Jet Lag

I can't believe this ridiculous thread has now gone 26 pages. Here's a novel idea... play the game you like, hell, play them both if you want, and don't worry about what everybody else plays.

Worse than my kids. Sheesh.:rolleyes:

14. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

15. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

EXACTLY!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :goodjob:

BTW They're NOT your kids, I hope? Are they?:lol:

16. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Deity

Well lets not forget the mass amount of veiwers who tune in to the "childish behavior' you and @Merun say is going on in this thread.
    We got over 11000 'veiws' to go with over 500 posts. Take away repeat posters we got about 300 posts and take away repeat onlookers Oh I bet we got at least 8000 differnt 'children' as you guys are callin em, that are tuning in..

I wonder if @Merun thinks Topics that fight over whether 'Atheism should be a Civ included religon'(12000 veiws) are more important debate then 'What game format the Player can better relate'?

17. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

Come off it, T.A.! Those 11000 views and over 500 posts look a little
    different in reality. Take 4 or 5 guys like You, Churchill, Mrt etc, away,
    What have you got left? Maybe 20 other posters like me who've tried
    to answer the original question in a civil manner. The other 11000
    are just bystanders. Like fans at a wrestling match.
    So we end up with 4 or 5 of the "usual suspects" knocking ten bags of
    manure out of each other every day for weeks, viewed by thousands of
    viewers who couldn't care less about the argument or even modding at all.
    It's just a great spectator sport for them. Puts a little fun in their lives?
    Don't knock it, mate!
    You should sell tickets. You'd make fortune.!;) :lol:

18. pikesfan

pikesfan Chieftain

I just keep looking in to see how long this thread will last.

19. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

In the moment it´s still lasting. :lol:

And please don´t forget, for some posters this is no wrestling match. Here also some serious discussions took place, that otherways would not have been done.:)

20. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

I played CivIV instead of CivIII for 1.5 years, though not all that often throughout that time. But I never could get that into it, and it always did start running extremely poorly later on on large maps (no doubt due in part to 512 MB RAM), and thanks to dial-up Internet I was using the October 2005 (1.00) version the entire time. There were other factors as well, of course, such as the relatively few units in a CivIV game compared to a CivIII game (Knights costing 100 shields instead of 70, for example, cuts down on the number of units, as production is similar). But I'm sure you'll find plenty of examples in this thread of why CivIV isn't worth moving on to from CivIII.

Are you planning to try CivIII? I recall you posted a bunch of "Why are you sticking with [insert Civilization version here]?" threads awhile back, but had only ever played CivIV. You did mention you were thinking of trying CivIII at some point, likely after Christmas. At $20 for the Complete edition, you really ought to give it a chance as you're urging CivIII players to give Civ4 a chance.

Alpha Centauri is the version I'm planning to try next year. It's even older than CivIII, but from what I've heard it's quite good, so I'm going to give it a spin.