Civ 4 BTS with 3.19 crash on loading some maps

Smidgey

Warlord
When I open up some maps the game doesn't start, instead it crashes and returns to windows and says that I have encountered an error.

This happens on two new maps I have recently downloaded. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the maps or with my game. Here is an example of one of the maps that does not open correctly:

Version=11
BeginGame
Era=ERA_ANCIENT
Speed=GAMESPEED_NORMAL
Calendar=CALENDAR_DEFAULT
Victory=VICTORY_TIME
Victory=VICTORY_CONQUEST
Victory=VICTORY_DOMINATION
Victory=VICTORY_CULTURAL
Victory=VICTORY_DIPLOMATIC
Victory=VICTORY_SPACE_RACE
GameTurn=0
StartYear=-4000
Description=TAM - Huge Mediterranean Map
EndGame

### Plot Info ###
BeginPlot
x=0,y=0
TerrainType=TERRAIN_DESERT
PlotType=1

Here is an example of a working map:

Version=11
BeginGame
Era=ERA_ANCIENT
Speed=GAMESPEED_EPIC
Calendar=CALENDAR_DEFAULT
Option=GAMEOPTION_AGGRESSIVE_AI
Victory=VICTORY_TIME
Victory=VICTORY_CONQUEST
Victory=VICTORY_DOMINATION
Victory=VICTORY_CULTURAL
Victory=VICTORY_SPACE_RACE
Victory=VICTORY_DIPLOMATIC
GameTurn=0
MaxTurns=1200
MaxCityElimination=0
NumAdvancedStartPoints=0
TargetScore=0
StartYear=-4000
Description=
ModPath=
EndGame

BeginTeam
TeamID=0
ContactWithTeam=0
ContactWithTeam=14
RevealMap=0
EndTeam

Is there something wrong with the first one? I can get to the screen where I choose civs, game settings, etc, but as soon as I click launch it half loads and then crashes. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. :)

It might be that the maps are not compatible with 3.19, or they were made for a specific mod. That's usually the problem, beyond a simple error in the map script. Looking at the information that you provided, there are some significant differences, but I'm afraid that I don't have enough experience with map scripts to tell you what's wrong, beyond what I said above. Sorry. :(

Thanks anyway. I've taken maps out of mods before, and the one that I gave an example of that isn't working is from a mod. The Mod is TAM, which doesn't work on 3.19, so that is probably the issue here.

Thanks for your input anyway.

Does anyone know a way to convert a map to 3.19? It's just that I can't play on an earlier version of civ because I play online with friends, so we all have to have the latest version.

Thanks again.

Just an update. I think you are right, I loaded the Vanilla TAM and the map that didn't work on vanilla and it works fine. It must be incompatible with the version of civ I am running.

So again, any help on converting a map to this version would make me very happy. Thanks. :)

Top Bottom