1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Scenario problem

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Civciv5, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

In my Ancient Middle East mod, I have a problem in the main scenario.

All religions are present at the start of the game, with the exception of Buddhism and Christianity. I recently added a tech called Theology to my mod, but Christianity gets autofounded a few turns regardless of its required technology, is there some fix for this? Or a way to circumvent this, as I'd really rather have Christianity or Buddhism not be present in 2900 BC. Whatever I try, those two religions always get autofounded.

This is quite game-breaking, as it's not supposed to be founded until 30 AD.
    EDIT:This also happens to Buddhism, which requires Meditation, also a midgame tech.

Here is the general scenario info.
    Code:
    BeginGame
    	Era=ERA_ANCIENT
    	Speed=GAMESPEED_NORMAL
    	Calendar=CALENDAR_DEFAULT
    	Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_TECH_BROKERING
    	Victory=VICTORY_TIME
    	Victory=VICTORY_CONQUEST
    	Victory=VICTORY_DOMINATION
    	Victory=VICTORY_CULTURAL
    	GameTurn=0
    	MaxTurns=658
    	MaxCityElimination=0
    	NumAdvancedStartPoints=0
    	TargetScore=0
    	StartYear=-3000
    	Description=
    	ModPath=
    EndGame
    Anyone knows what might be causing this and if it could be fixed. Otherwise, this mod isn't going to get anywhere.

2. heroicfort

heroicfort Warlord

hi Civciv5,

may i suggest to check if the religions are correctly assigned to a tech? do their icons/buttons appear in that tech's rectangular space? :)

3. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Yes, that's not the problem, Christianity is assigned to Theology and Buddhism to Medititation. These techs require a dozen other techs and still get founded on turn 5-6.

4. heroicfort

heroicfort Warlord

do their icons appear inside the required tech's space along with the other buttons? or do the arrows correctly connect the techs? or have you adjusted the techs' cost correctly?
    if not, then it's probably a xml problem.

5. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Yes to all, the techs cost like 10000 beakers.