1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CIv 4 Music

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by riadsala, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riadsala

riadsala Chieftain

neither do i

2. Stid

Stid Warlord

i turn the music/sounds off. i much prefer the foo fighters playing on media player:D

3. nevermindme

nevermindme Chieftain

'Tis a splendid idea. A bit hard to pull off, but I would sell my soul to Fraxis if they could achieve something like that.

Another idea, which i think would be a bit simpler, would be to have civ-specific, or cultural-specific music. For example, you would hear hamer-dulicmer songs with polyrythmic beats if you played as India, or China. If you played Germany or England, you'd hear classical chamber-music. Maybe sitars for the Persians.....

What would also be neat, would to have two different tracks- one agressive (for war-time) and one passive (for peace). I think there was something like this on Call To Power.

Doing this would bring the player more of a feel for their civ, and would be cheaper than paying lots of royalties.

4. Albow

Albow Warlord

I must say I was a softy for those tunes that came out of my 286 when I met for diplomacy in Civ 1 ... those tunes still haunt my dreams as I battle Gangis Khan or Abe for the world ...

I say a big YES to music, esp if it is tied in to events and time appropriate (drums/tribal early on, classical churchy music and 1812 when at war! :)

5. Sic_Brutality

Sic_Brutality Chieftain

Doom IV is gonna ROOL. Hehe.

Really though, it's not that hard to bump up to a decent video card to be able to handle the graphics. By the time Civ IV comes out, I should have the NVidia GeForce4 6800 Ultra at 256 MB each and 4 GB Ram. Bring on the 3D Civ.

But, as for music, I agree. That infinite loop of music on CivIII is killing me. At least put a few more options or change it up somehow. I like the idea of trying to map certain songs to certain time periods. Even if they just did a 'generic' sort of thing.

The one song I would like to hear tho is that 'Valkyrie' song that's very common.... (I forget the name).... it has that triumphant "Ah, Ah,... Ah ah ah ah, BOOM BOOM" (repeat). Yeah, that one. :lol:

6. croxis

croxis Chat room op

I know black and white had a winamp control that you can download and control winamp in game.

7. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi Prince

I love it when Rennaissance Area is welcoming me with Bach's Concert for two violins. In my ears, the soundtrack of BtS is almost perfect, only during the middle age I get depressed sometimes by too much of those Gregorian Chants.

8. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

...Why is a thread about Civ4's music in Civ6 Ideas and Suggestions? I read an early post about games on DVDs and was about to ask what year it was before seeing the post was literally from 2004 when games on DVDs were indeed becoming a thing. :lol:

9. Naokaukodem

Naokaukodem Millenary King

It's called resurrection. There is plenty ideas in that forum, since it existed, only this particular sub-forum has been named and renamed multiple times to fit the news.
    Some ideas of the times of Civ4 could still be relevant for Civ7 for example, so I don't think that's a problem, except for visibility problems of course.

10. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

No, no, I'm familiar with necromancy. I was just curious how it ended up in the Civ6 forum. :p But if they simply rename the Ideas and Suggestions subforum for whatever the current iteration of Civ is, then that makes more sense. Still, I don't often see 15 year old threads necromanced, and I haunt plenty of forums that are old enough. :lol:

11. Naokaukodem

Naokaukodem Millenary King

Well in fact they didn't really renamed it, rather displaced it, I was wrong.

Zaarin likes this.
  12. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Haha! Same happened to me :D
    Call a mod...

13. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Moderator Action: Thread moved and closed. Please do not revive primordial threads in future. Thank you.

Zeta Nexus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.