1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

civ 5 keeps crashing randomly.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by apocalypse105, Aug 21, 2016.

1. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

So i recently bought a new computer and i am pretty sure i can run civ 5 i can even run gta 5 and gta 4. And have the newest drivers and so on. I even tested it with can you run it and i am well above the maximum requirements.

But civ 5 keeps crashing randomly and often lacks constantly. This is annoying because my previous computer who didnt had a high video card so i couldnt play direct x 11 i could play civ 5 verry fast on direct x 9

i put my DXdiag file in the atachements.

Can someone help

Attached Files:

2. HappyCanadian

HappyCanadian Chieftain

Im having the same issue, the only thing i changed is that i started to play with a mod. also it feels like the frequency of crashes is increasing

3. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

yes previously. It would crash after a hour playing now its sometimes even after 15 minutes... Do you thinx it has something to with steam or civ 5 not working with windows 10 updates?

4. Knoxbanedoodle

Knoxbanedoodle Chieftain

Ditto. I just bought a PC laptop that will be able to play Civ VI, and after about an hour or so V becomes unplayable. It's weird: the first time the graphics slowed to a crawl and hitting NEXT TURN did nothing. I rebooted but nothing had changed. When I shut down the computer and charged its battery full it worked again.

Then, the second time, I just got the spinning world cursor during the barbarian phase of the turn and it never went away. Control Alt Deleting blacked out my screen and finally I had to manually switch off the computer. When I started it back up again--hours and a full charge later--it was still on that Civ V screen, still with the spinning world. Control Alt Delete was still blinky.

What gives? Like Apocalypse, I too have attached my DXDiag text, and like Happy Canadian, my problems seemed to crop up after incorporating a mod (the EUI). I'm new to PC land. Any help?

Attached Files:

5. GimliLegolas

GimliLegolas Chieftain

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I've just bought a new PC which should be well above the minimum specifications. Civ 6 crashed, civ 5 crashed. I tried reinstalling steam and civ 5 (decided to wait before reinstalling civ 6); The crashes - more accurately "freezes" - seem to happen randomly either between turns or during a turn and the computer becomes entirely unresponsive meaning I have to press the "off" button. I've tried using DX9 and DX10/11 with the same results. I admit to not been a tech wizard but having paid good money for a PC and for the games it is very frustrating they don't work; I should not have to be a tech wiz.