Civ 5, what will be taken away from Civ 4

Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember Aussie_Lurker in similar discussions when Civ 4 came out :) I guess you dont like change?:think:

Dead Wrong I'm afraid. Civ4 was the sequel I was *most* looking forward to, based largely on Sullla's Walk-through (though I was already excited before that). Indeed, I was so excited that I went out & bought a NEW COMPUTER just so that it would run flawlessly for me!! I'm still playing-& modding-it to this very day. So, no, I do like change-as long as the change makes sense. I see no good reason to remove maintenance & health-or cultural assimilation. I accept that Religion had its problems in Civ4, but I don't really believe that they couldn't have fixed the problems, rather than drop it entirely.
I like the Social Policy system (except Piety, which seems really weak & under-developed), I like the removal of SoD's, I like the addition of City-States & I like the Unique Abilities for each Civilization. Yet for everything they've done which I heartily approve of, there seems to be something they've done which I think is bone stupid-like making Happiness do triple or quadruple duty, retaining Culture Bombs, removing the cottage->hamlet->village->town mechanic that rewards long-term planning/commitment &-yes-the total removal of religion!

So please, remconius, if you're going to accuse me of a certain point of view, at least take a few minutes to do the research to make sure that the facts back you up-or else you just end up looking foolish!

Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember Aussie_Lurker in similar discussions when Civ 4 came out :) I guess you dont like change?:think:

The back of your mind is wrong. Actually, I vividly remember Aussie being pretty much thrilled about the same additions in Civ4 (religion being the one I remember most) whose removal he now criticizes. Seems pretty consistent to me and exactly the opposite of what you assume.

If I offended you, this was not my intention. Apologies for that. My remark was not meant as an accusation. Maybe I should have written "I guess you dont like this many changes?" or "I guess you dont like all the changes?". Sometimes the point gets lost when writing in a non-native language.

It's just that I remember reading discussions before civ 4 came out 6 years ago. And I was happy to see Aussie_Lurker is still around as many of us old-timers are. And you are still being critical of changes that are being made, as you were back then. That is , if I remember correctly (been a while....).

For me it was a happy deja vu...

Top Bottom