CIV 6 Civics Bug On Black Death Scenario

crusader88

Chieftain
Hi all,

If you are playing the Black Death scenario, everything will work as intended until you have completed the initial Civics card. When this happens, you get a "fill a new policy for your government" show up. The problem is, no matter how much you click it, this does not do anything. Since the turn depends on it, you are basically screwed. I have tried this on two PC's with the same results.

*following*
(Same thing here. Can never advance past first "fill policy" screen.)

Not familiar with the bug as I've never played the scenario, however have you attempted to use shift+enter to force-end your turn? Admittedly a bit of a wonky work-around, which you'd have to repeat every turn until you unlock more cards, but it would at least allow you to continue playing. (also note that if you use the bottom right thing to find your next action, you can click on the small action that's coming after the current main action to go to that one instead; that way you can make sure you've done everything else)

I recall that. Think l got around it by clicking the civic countdown clock or same option from a menu that dropped down topleft.
Sorry can't recall exact but there is a bug but also a way around.

Not familiar with the bug as I've never played the scenario, however have you attempted to use shift+enter to force-end your turn? Admittedly a bit of a wonky work-around, which you'd have to repeat every turn until you unlock more cards, but it would at least allow you to continue playing. (also note that if you use the bottom right thing to find your next action, you can click on the small action that's coming after the current main action to go to that one instead; that way you can make sure you've done everything else)

Yes, shift+y just skips the action (I am familiar with this). Unlocking the next civic doesn't help, because even though there are now more cards to choose from, you still cannot access the govt/policy card screen to begin with, let alone choose any cards. Does anyone know a backdoor to the govt/policy screen (ie open it without accessing either the selection tab {upper left} or action item button {lower right})?

This bug still exists unfortunately... I have tried restarting the game, playing as different leaders/difficulties, no dice. The single player Black Death Scenario is currently unplayable after unlocking the first policy slot. Can't believe this still hasn't been addressed half a year after this thread was started :sad: I'd rather be able to play on this mode than check out this free new DLC leader refresh they just gave to everyone!

As a note, this is my first time trying to play this scenario. I uninstalled/reinstalled my game yesterday though due to an unrelated issue, so this should be the most up to date version. And not sure if this is relevant either, but I am playing through Steam.

Are you all using mods, or are you also trying it without mods? I've seen this is still an issue with me and a friend, but haven't found any solutions yet either. Has anyone submitted a bug to Fraxis and gotten any useful reply?

Top Bottom