Civ 6 - Gathering Storm

Holy crap that's great news. Hoooo-leeee crap.

Post #2014 in the Steam thread has confirmed a simultaneous release for Windows, Mac and Linux!

This is what Aspyr-Balir said:

"Good news Team Mac.

Gathering Storm is launching simultaneous with Windows and Linux tomorrow AND it will be in sync allowing for full cross platform play :)"

This is what Aspyr-Balir said:

"Good news Team Mac.

Gathering Storm is launching simultaneous with Windows and Linux tomorrow AND it will be in sync allowing for full cross platform play :)"

Fantastic news and thanks for posting!!!

Next stop GMG:)

Is anyone having problems with leaders showing up on the drop down menus? I don't see them and I have zero Mods enabled both in-game and manually. The funny thing is that on Multiplayer they show up. I have already submitted a ticket to Aspyr.

Aspyr managed a simultaneous release, I'm downloading the game now, and I'm STUCK AT WORK WAITING UNTIL TONIGHT TO PLAY. D:

Is anyone having problems with leaders showing up on the drop down menus? I don't see them and I have zero Mods enabled both in-game and manually. The funny thing is that on Multiplayer they show up. I have already submitted a ticket to Aspyr.

What dropdown menus do you mean? Do you mean the left side of the diplomacy screen? I see them there. I'm having trouble thinking of any other dropdown-like menus at the moment.

edit: This was mentioned in the first impressions thread. Is that what you mean?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 10.12.00 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 10.12.00 AM.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
No problem seeing the leaders on my end. They are (as others have reported) listed in order of expansion (GS above R&F above Vanilla).

Only played a few minutes but I’ve noticed a huge improvement in performance. Faster turn times and the fan stays quite (which it did not before).

What dropdown menus do you mean? Do you mean the left side of the diplomacy screen? I see them there. I'm having trouble thinking of any other dropdown-like menus at the moment.

edit: This was mentioned in the first impressions thread. Is that what you mean?

First, thanks for responding.

I actually mean these:

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 3.46.50 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 3.47.09 AM.png

The issue is with something conflicting with being able to choose leaders when you want to create a game either in Simple or Advanced Setup. My hypothesis is that there is a conflict with a Mod because something similar usually happens when you have two mods that are not compatible, but the contradicting part is that no community mod is enabled, just the official mods from Firaxis. I even checked the Mod Folder in the game files to make sure I didn't have any inserted manually. I have submitted a ticket to Aspyr and they are looking into it. They told me to do all these troubleshooting steps and I did all of them, but nothing happened. I even reinstalled the whole game including DLC's and Expansions (by the way they are 9GB) and nothing.

I have used NVIDIA GeForce One to play the expansion (glad for it) but I hope I get this resolved. One thing that I find interesting is that on NVIDIA I saved my game to the cloud and then Loaded the game on my iMac. It runs well, but I cannot create games. So the issue is just something causing the civs and options to set up a game not to appear.

Any help or suggestion is welcomed.

Edit: I am able to start a Multiplayer game though. Well, I have only tried with Hot Seat. I am also able to start a Pay Now game from the Main Menu.

Also, can someone share what their Launch Window looks like it? Did it change? Because mine still shows the old one showing v.1.20. So it didn't change as it did when Rise and Fall came out. I am guessing it should say v.1.3

That is odd I have no idea what's going on there.

Also, can someone share what their Launch Window looks like it? Did it change? Because mine still shows the old one showing v.1.20. So it didn't change as it did when Rise and Fall came out. I am guessing it should say v.1.3

Mine still says 1.2.0 also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello I have exactly the same problem as Roderick. I managed to play for a little bit on the evening it came our and the next day it crashed every time I tried to launch. I bought in the Mac App Store and have notified Aspyr. Frustrating.

I find it interesting that with the recent Antarctic patch, the version on the launch window says 1.2.1. Why change now and to that? They didn't change it when GS came out. I believe they changed it from 1.1.x to 1.2.0 when Rise & Fall came out. Why not a 1.3.0 when GS came out? It should be 1.3.1 with this patch. It is really not a big deal, of course, but just wondering.

Top Bottom