- polution on/off
- global warming on/off
- resources scale as to their frequency
- resources depletion/creation on/off and/or frequency
- increase/decrease amount of corruption
- increase/decrease military unit cost
- increase/decrease value of each commerce flag
- increase/decrease amount of food eaten per citizen
- be able to mix & match civilization colours, special units, figurehead, and special areas (eg. green elves, SU musketeer, religious/industrious)
- bombard lethal on/off

Foreign Adviser
- Show 16 Civs
- Be able to see who has what sciences
- History of 'outrages'
- Current deals and turns to expiry

Scenarios (MUST HAVE SOME!)
- Preferably WWII, Futuristic and a Fantasy one.

Diplomacy
- Mutual Protection pacts vs X only
- Can negotiate peace between civilizations
- 1 sided ROP
- Can cancel if both want to, or if you payout some money
- Can ask/demand to stop doing more specific things (such as build nukes)
- Non-nuclear proliferation treaties
- Environmental treaties (espescially in democracies)
- Fix the mutual protection pact so if my ally attacks X, and then X's allies attack him back, I don't have to go to war with X's allies. No joining the war if my ally started it.

Trade
- trade units
- computer initiate trades
- can put up specific deals that any other player can accept. This way when a computer player's deal expires, it might take up yours instead of automatically staying with it's current partner. This allows you to outbid rivals for resources.
- Can put something for auction. Then the highest bidder gets it. Of course, you must accept the bid even if it's a low amount or an enemy!
- Show the trade routes on the map when you trade. Then allow these to be pirated! That way stationing a privateer on the line, you get the resource for the next turn.
- Reintroduce Caravans.

Mercenaries
- There should be more units that work like privateers.
- Possibly bandits, electronic thieves, etc.
- Should be able to hire out troops, ie. mercenaries. Also should be able to hire troops. Of course, they can always switch to the other side!

Naval Combat
- +1 movement
- Submarines can only be attacked by units that can see them and airplanes
- submarines can bombard WITHIN water squares.

Other
- sleep/sentry command
- more small wonders (they're cool)
- cultural only city improvements (all the cultural buildings you have to build anyway to win other ways)
- city radius grid on/off so can see what is being used
- more terrain, eg. swamp
- library of 'spare' units, both SU and normal
- small map in editor
- doughnut map option
- radar station like in CTP so can see outside borders
- settler's build airbases
- Certain units have bonuses/penalties on certain terrain, and against specific civlizations/governments.
- Can "lock in" city squares so only a certain city will use them. Stops other cities pinching them after pollution or an enemy unit have been in them.

Some more random ideas (sorry for repeating others):

1. Compeletely new idea for strategic resources. Have many of them scattered around the world (more than present). They are only discovered if they are inside your borders and a road is leading to it or if outside borders the workers could search for it. Each resource has a capacity (known to the player). When a unit or improvement is built that uses the resource, the capacity of the resource is reduced. When the capacity reaches 0, the resource disappears. When trading a resource you might trade say 200 units of horses (can be used to build to a total of 200 shields, e.g. 10 horsemen at a cost of 20 shields / horsemen).
    strategic resources could appear anywhere, but the capacity in unfavourable terrain would be greatly reduced. The game would add more resources whenever the supply is running low. The game could add randomness to the resource like: "Sire we found more deposits of iron in this mine" -> capacity increased by 400, etc.
  2. Unit support - 1 G / Ancient, 2 G / Medieval, etc. There may be some exceptions, e.g. a battleship might cost 5G/turn, civ-specific unit 1 less G / turn.
  3. Ability to improve the movement of units, probably through spending money on the unit.
  4. Ability to automatically transfer commerce to luxuries in cities that would otherwise go into disorder. A warning about this should be given as well.
  5. Info/warning labels do not dissapear until the end of the turn or the player closes it.
  6. Deforestation always adds to shield production (currently only works the first time a particular forest is cut).
  7. Foreign colonies cannot be destroyed by placing a city next to it. A colony should be a 1*1 sphere of influence.
  8. Ability to build specific improvements in colonies. Harbour and walls should be allowed. Production be based on the the production of the colony square or a fixed number like 2.
  9. Ability to expand cultural influence by leaving fortified units on squares just outside the cultural borders. Probably limit this to one adjacent (not diagonal) square outside the culture based boundary
  10. Make wealth more lucrative. Currently a size 12 city may produce 5G/turn which does not really help.
  11. Make war weariness be influenced by success, e.g.
    Enemy unit killed: -
    Own unit killed: +
    Enemy city captured: +++
    Own city lost: ---
    City producing military units/improvements: -
    City not producing military units/improvements: +
    Also include things like enemy units close to own city, any damage the city suffered, etc.
    [/list=1]

Hi,

I already posted on athis but I want to repeat this :

I think this weekend to a better form to implement society models and here is my proposal :

Let's have instead of actual simplistic form of governement ( which isn't nor historically or socio-politically corect nor increase gameplay feeling ) the next panel named Politics with the next subcategories :

Political organisation :
- Tyrany ( default )
- Aristocratic
- Police state
- Representative democracy
- Descentralised governement

Economical policy:
- Simple or survival ( default )
- Oligarhic/Corporatist ( in modern time )
- Planned
- Welfare liberalism
- Anti-trust free market

Cultural dominant value :
- Fundamentalistic ( default )
- Power
- Wealth
- Knowledge
- Comfort

Future utopia
- Moral fundamentalism
- Orwellian society
- Ecologistic harmony and hedonism
- Utopical communism
- Virtual government

I'm waiting your opinion - and please don't hijacked my thread with other considerations

Regards

P.S. : Please excuse my bad english ...

Originally posted by Mîtiu Ioan
Hi,

I already posted on athis but I want to repeat this :

I think this weekend to a better form to implement society models and here is my proposal :

Let's have instead of actual simplistic form of governement ( which isn't nor historically or socio-politically corect nor increase gameplay feeling ) the next panel named Politics with the next subcategories :

Political organisation :
- Tyrany ( default )
- Aristocratic
- Police state
- Representative democracy
- Descentralised governement

Economical policy:
- Simple or survival ( default )
- Oligarhic/Corporatist ( in modern time )
- Planned
- Welfare liberalism
- Anti-trust free market

Cultural dominant value :
- Fundamentalistic ( default )
- Power
- Wealth
- Knowledge
- Comfort

Future utopia
- Moral fundamentalism
- Orwellian society
- Ecologistic harmony and hedonism
- Utopical communism
- Virtual government

I'm waiting your opinion - and please don't hijacked my thread with other considerations

Regards

P.S. : Please excuse my bad english ...

Interesting idea, I like the concept of "fine-tuning" the government to suit the requirements. Maybe this can be used to run a government focussing in high production, economic success, improved science etc.

Cities should have the ability to produce more than one item at a time, for instance build a wonder and a military unit. The shield production of the city could be allocated in the same manner as science/commerce/luxury. So you could set, say, 70% of shield production towards a wonder and the remainder (30%) to the military unit. This would give a greater sense of realism.

For a patch: The cultural advisor screen should display the total culture of your civilization per turn.

Apologies in advance if anyone has already posted a similiar idea

I definitely agree with those that have posted that naval unit movement should be increased.

- Add in a "story mode" like many games have. You could play as the most powerful civ at a certain time, a civ that is just beginning to get powerful, or one that is slowly declining. Example, you could play as the Chinese during the Tang Dynasty or America just before they gained independence(I never learned American history so I dont know much about it). This would make it possible to make full use of each civ's UU and would be interesting as you could go to war with a civ you helped bring up(somewhat like Starcraft).

- Make SAMs immobile units(instead of an improvement, which it now is) so people can actually see the SAMs shooting planes out of the sky.

Originally posted by jon78
what about:
one of the most important thingies: minefields. protect your coastline and shores in times of war. landmines should be taken out by troops as a special order (in let's say 5 turns or so). seamines should need a special craft for clearing. maybe there should be a landcraft aswell, when I think about it...
the mines should have a tremendous negative effect on the population (making it usable only in very remote unpopulated areas or by very unsqueamish rulers like despots, commies and kings).

I created a land mine unit a while back and just stumbled across this post. My unit is available in the Creation&Customization/Unit Graphics section of the forum.

Okay,
i understand the realistic part. But why, WHY would you build a Wonder at 70%. :confused: I always want to build Wonders ASAP.

Originally posted by Portent
Cities should have the ability to produce more than one item at a time, for instance build a wonder and a military unit. The shield production of the city could be allocated in the same manner as science/commerce/luxury. So you could set, say, 70% of shield production towards a wonder and the remainder (30%) to the military unit. This would give a greater sense of realism.

Originally posted by WUM
Okay,
i understand the realistic part. But why, WHY would you build a Wonder at 70%. :confused: I always want to build Wonders ASAP.

Lets say you have been working on a wonder for the past 10 turns, and the city that is building the wonder suddenly needs to build an extra defensive unit. If you could split production, you could build (and even rush) that defensive unit without losing all the progress you have made on the wonder. Honestly, I'm not sure I want this, as it would make the game even more complex (building many things at once in each city, managing the percentages, etc.) but it would certainly be more realistic.

My idea with regards to the corruption issue is as follows:

Increase the normal corruption level to something like 150% of what it is now.

If a city is connected to your capitol (or forbidin palace) by roads or harbor: corruption becomes 75% of current level.

If a city is connected to your capitol (or FP) by railroads or airport corruption becomes 50% of current level.

Make a new small wonder (someplace around or after electricity) called telecomunications system or something that further reduces corruption in all your cities connected by harbor or roads.

The logic to these changes is as follows: the level of corruption should not be simply a matter of the distance from the capitol, but how easy the city is to access from the capitol. As technology advances and information is able to get from one location to another faster, corruption should be less of an issue. For example, in modern times, is San Fran. more corrupt than New York because it is further from the capitol? Of course not, because with airports you can get to either of them in a matter of hours, and with telecomunications you can be in contact with either of them in seconds.

This change will also add an interesting aspect to military stratagy. If you disrupt the trade network, and thus disrupt communications between the capitol and a border city, you would not only block resources and luxuries from getting to the city, but would also jack up the corruption of the city.

I'd like to see some attention paid to the actual mechanics of playing the game.

1. GAME SPEED IS A MAJOR PROBLEM.
Personally I would give up on ALL the animations if I could get a turn to go faster. After I click for the next turn, taking 3 min., 5 min, even 10 min (sometimes) is just unreasonable. :(

2. Selection of units to move should be done by "region" instead of whatever-semi-random-order is used now.

Ideally you could specify a "region" and all the units in that region would be selected for movement.

OR

AT LEAST click on a stack and select all the units in that stack for orders.

OR

Pick a stack, select those units for movement, then the next closest of the same type, etc.

The current method contributes greatly to a slow turn mechanism.

....PS...Major kudos to whoever is keeping this list for us :goodjob:

hey well i've through dang near all these post so i thought i'd say the ones i think would work the best. first of all people have stated that the explorer unit doesn't do jack, well its true, why not let him create a colony overseas. i know that theres been many times that i've wanted to create a small sphere of influence on a continent without sending a settler over. secondly i think that the map editor needs some HUGE improvements, if we could make anything close to a scenario i'd be happy. also a unit editor would be nice. i'm also a big fan of naval battles and history and think that ATLEAST double movement points are in order. and lastly the thing that make civ 2 the best game of all time. HOT SEAT, i loved it. well thats all for now. l8r

it would be more realistic but it would also hurt the game i think. My options is to rushbuild a unit in a nearby city and move it over. This way you don´t have to slow down de wonder-building-time and you don´t need the complicated adjustments.

I really like your telecommunication-stuff. I think it should also have a good influence on war-weariness if you are not the agressor, as well as a bad influence if you are the agressor. That is, if you are a democracy. If you are a commie, it should always have a positive influence on war-weariness (because of the propaganda of course).

By the way Druid, you're absolutely right! Huge world, 16 civs (now 10 ;) ), 10 minutes per turn... AAAaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhh....

Originally posted by Desert Fox

Great comments but you are in the WRONG thread. This is for Korns mod not a report and opinion of what you think of the game. No offense just want to keep on topic. :cool:

Desert Fox :p

That is funny. DF, you're accusing someone of being off topic, and in fact its you that is on the wrong thread! This is not for Korn's mod, but rather to post ideas about the expansion and future patches! :D

Originally posted by Ordep

That is funny. DF, you're accusing someone of being off topic, and in fact its you that is on the wrong thread! This is not for Korn's mod, but rather to post ideas about the expansion and future patches! :D

That was catching me good for sure! :goodjob: I will just keep my BIG MOUTH SHUT from now on. Complaining especially! :cool: :scan:

Desert Fox :p

Forgive me for not reading th whole thread (having registered in these forums yesterday), I have few ideas and some I am taking from others in the 'All Civ' forums whom I have discussed this with.

Things to add:
-Wonders: World Trade Center (sorry, not my idea, but it's a good one...) ; Eiffel Tower...
-Civ Qualities (such as Industrious and Militaristic): Mariner (all naval units, advances, improvements, etc. at half cost, extra movement for all naval units ;

It seems I had VERY few ideas... Maybe It's just cause I'm too tired (On sleepifying anti-allergic medicine :( )
Anyhow, I might come up with more later...

I've been playing Civ III for about a month on and off and although I first despised the pollution aspect of the game, I've come around to seeing that it is only a practical and neccessary representation of a real world model. Anyway, I just had the idea that it would be fun if instead of rampant insuppresable pollution rates when your civ starts to kick off, why not add other more interesting consequences like eco-terrorists, which have already apperared in CTP I believe ... but have them as a reaction to a milder pollution penalty cropping up all over the place like barbarians or even in the cities and sabotaging stuff like pollution causing city or terrain improvements, or causing unhappiness. Since they are your citizens, they cant be x'ed out and if left alone for too long can cause unhappiness , but they can disappear if you fix your pollution problem, or (another idea) if you plant forests, which in enough quanities (maybe 6 tiles/ton)can reduce pollution globally, or they can be controlled if you increase military prescence in the city(s) producing pollution. Then only after/if you ignore the pollution, and the eco-terrorists, can you experience the "blissfully fatal" culmination of your hours of effort iby having all your beautiful countryside trashed by the greenhouse effect. I thought this might be a milder and more interesting alternative to the sometimes game-crippling penalty of pollution... or not? What does anyone think?

1. Make it so you can stockpile strategic resources. For example, you discover refining and you have 4 Oil resources. This lasts for 10 turns. Thus a surplus of 3 for ten turns. (No trading) Then one disappears leaving 3. This lasts for 10 more turns. Surplus of 2 for 10 turns. Then one more disappears leaving 2 Oils. Surplus of 1 for 10 turns. Then one more disapears. 1 Oil resource left. You have that for 10 turns then it too disappears. Due to the surplus you had, the idea I have is to allow you to have Oil for (3*10)+(2*10)+(1*10) 60 more turns.
My reasoning in this is that all armies of the world stockpile major resources in case of an emergency. Not only will this increase the importance of certain resources to certain players/civs it will seem closer to reality.
2. The ability to trade for resources you already have. For example. You are the Germans. You have 1 Oil resource and you are planning to invade France. However, the 1 Oil resource is making you nervous. Russia has 3 Oil resources. You trade Russia 20 gold/turn for an extra Oil. This will stockpile for you. Also, if France has no Oil and you don't want them to have any, you can trade Russia for the remaining extra resource they have keeping it out of France's hands and stockpiling your own.

I'm not sure if this should apply to all resources but it seems like a couple of good ideas to me. What do you all think? I've skimmed the previous pages and couldn't find any reference to these ideas but if I missed them I apologize to the authour and congratulate you on what I think is a good idea. :goodjob:

Frist of all thanks to every1 iv stole the ideas off either intentionally (you know who u are) or not.

1): Have UU for each era. Civs that are great never had just one kick ass unit. Although they are easy to think of for current Civs. Tryin to find a industrial unit for the Aztecs is a pain.

2): Get back the elvis impersonator :)

3): Make the Great Wall a better wonder. Y? Because it should.

4): More diverse traits. I think currently there are 6 when they should be 10.

4): Make resources easier to find on the map. Esp when you already own them.

5): Scap the Man Of War and replace it with a Harrier Jump jet or something.

6): Frigates should have a longer useful life span.

7): More terrain improvements. The ability to raise or lower land would be cool. Removing hills/mountains would be useful. etc.

8): Forests should grow. Like In Alpha Centuria.

9): Horses should improve food production in squares. No seriously after Horses were introduced in N America the indians spent a hell less time hunting for food. As they could travel faster and further on horse back.

10): A few more strategic resources say like tin, bronze, etc.

11): Combine resources to produce others. Tin + Iron = Steel.

Thats all folks. :)

Top Bottom