1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ Assist

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Utility Programs' started by ainwood, Sep 1, 2004.

1. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

Hey ainwood, your program stops responding whenever I try to load this save. It works with all other saves but this one. :confused: I tired the 7, 9, and 10 versions but the all stop responding when I load this save. :confused:

2. Turner

Turner Deity Retired Moderator

Just FYI - he's gone until the weekend at least. So it'll be a bit before he gets to it.

3. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

But lurking when I can ;)

Stops responding? It shouldn't have any infinite loos in it. I will check it when I get back. :)

4. Roland Johansen

Roland Johansen Deity

Could a small change be made in your utility so that technologies that are marked as "cannot be traded" in the editor don't show up in the list of technologies that can be traded.

I don't know if this is difficult and it is not that important. It is only usefull for scenario's and mods of course. But it would be nice.

5. Dianthus

Dianthus Small but hardy

It's easy. It's just a bit in the flag field of the TECH section (ainwood knows what I'm talking about). I really ought to tell Gramphos so he can update his BIX/BIQ documentation!

[Edit: Oh, ainwood, what's this about "infinite loos"? All I can think is that you've recently added some sort of laxative feature :lol:]

6. ainwood

Must be the malaysian keyboard. :ack:

@Roland - that's pretty easy - Ill add it when I get a chance. :)

7. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

Hi ainwood, this program looks like a must have for me. :D Just one question before I get it - does this work for Conquests (the scenarios...not the game, I know it works for that.) Thanks a bunch. :)

8. Turner

Yes, it does. I've been using it on the RnR mod. The only frustrating thing is that the 'Being...' techs show up as tradeable in CivAssist, when they're not in game.
    Everything else works like a charm.

9. Roland Johansen

Roland Johansen Deity

As you see in my request 5 posts above this post, he is going to change that.

And thanks you for that change ainwood. :thanx:

10. MOTH

MOTH Emperor

An little ehancement request for those of us who are forgetful and play GOTM:

Could an alert be added to remind us to make saves at the appropriate years. I sometimes find myself going through to at least the middle ages before I make any saves. When I do save its usually no where near the right GOTM dates.

11. Roland Johansen

Roland Johansen Deity

Could an alert be added when a city grows (with name of city of course). When a city grows the AI rearanges the distribution of tiles that are worked, often not to my satisfaction. I realise that not everybody wants to be alerted by this, but one can unflag this option.

Thank you for a great utility!

12. NDCSPURS

NDCSPURS Chieftain

On the alert form when it is minimized you can only see the date and turn number, so you have to check every turn for alerts by maximizing it. But if there was a message next to the turn number that told you wether there was a new alert you could just check every time you saw that message.

13. Naked Paladin

Naked Paladin Chieftain

I second that!

This is one sweet prog btw :goodjob:

14. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

Hi,
    this tool seems quite interesting :)

I hope you don't mind me asking (I admit, I haven't read the posts in this thread), but does this program work with different mods & scenarios too? I would assume it does, since it would be most helpful in scenario/mod creation/testing :)

15. Turner

Look up about six posts....

16. ainwood

Sounds like a good suggestion - I'll add that. :)

It works with most scenarios - there will be some exceptions. If you find one that it crashes on, send it to me at gotm@civfanatics.net and I'll use it to fix the problems.

17. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

Hmm, I have discovered that Conquests stops responding now. :( So the problem might be with the pos that calls itself my computer instread. as the CPU is a P2 so it might be overloading it.

18. Michelangelo

Michelangelo Prince

I've got some problems with the current trades tab. It sometimes lists items twice. It listed two RoP agreements with the Iroquois one with 15 turns remaining and one with 9. Also in the alert form sometimes it alerts me of expiring deals, while they are not expired yet. I'm playing C3C (as Hammi).

With getting alerts for new techs, resources, how do you check for that. Compare the last two autosave's?

I'm using it now for a while, and I found it helps speed up the game and focus on the fun aspects of the game. :goodjob:

19. ainwood

I think that the problem is with 587 different unit types - that's a few too many! :eek:

@Michelangelo: Could you e-mail me a save please?

20. Dianthus

Dianthus Small but hardy

Is that with the .sav that MarineCorps posted at the top of the page?

CRpMapStat loads that in 2 to 3 seconds on this 1.2Ghz P3 :mischief:.