Civ Assist

SesnOfWthr said:
Ainwood, since the utility reads the save file, something to consider for the next update.

Might be something of a spoiler, but otherwise it's a shot in the dark for espionage missions....
Probably too much of a spoiler for Ainwood to build in, i suppose .....
-----------

ainwood, the utility gets better and better. it feels very comfortable to use it. my observations for 1.0.7:

General
- All names in the first columns in all tables are editable. I could really live with that, so will probably many others. But because you "Made listboxes un-editable" in 1.0.6 I thought this could be on your to-do list and i mention it here.

Base Terrain
- All pictures of resources have a border at the left and upper side that is 1 pixel wide.
- There is a circular misplacement of resources grfx for for the 'new' resources. Tropical Fruit is depicted as Oasis. Oasis is shown as Sugar. Sugar is displayed as Tropical Fruit. Tobacco is displayed as tobacco. Haven't back-checked entirely, but I suppose the listed values for f/s/g of these resources are correct, that means e.g. selecting "tropical fruit" produces the correct numbers but i see an oasis on the jungle tile.
- Q:Isn't there an additional increase in shields for metros of industrial civs (town=1s; city=2s; metro=3s instead of 2s)?

Corruption
- A runtime error occurred like this: I changed the palace city, then i pressed the "restore" button; when i change the location of the palace again, i get: "Run-time error '35600' - Index out of bounds"
- "Feudalism" lists the same numbers as "Fascism"; at least unit support should be quite different.

Alerts
- What about a timer: Alert me in "XX" turns? Good for deals, prebuilds .... (maybe already suggested here).

Thanks for the feedback.

The base terrain was reading the wrong graphics files for conquest, so I 'fixed' that. Needs a bit more work by the sounds.... The corruption issue sounds strange - I'll check that out. :)

The alert in X turns is quite easy, if its seen as useful. :)

The alert in X turns would be very useful, as time really does fly when you're playing Civ! Maybe also an 'alert at a certain time' could be added - this would be useful is you needed to, say, go somewhere at a certain time. I find it hard to keep track of time when I'm Civving!

torrasque

torrasque said:
The alert in X turns would be very useful, as time really does fly when you're playing Civ! Maybe also an 'alert at a certain time' could be added - this would be useful is you needed to, say, go somewhere at a certain time. I find it hard to keep track of time when I'm Civving!

You could also use the timer to remind you when a deal is up, so you could, say, attack someone after your right of passage is up, a trade with them is up, etc. ;)

bluebox said:
Corruption
- A runtime error occurred like this: I changed the palace city, then i pressed the "restore" button; when i change the location of the palace again, i get: "Run-time error '35600' - Index out of bounds"
ainwood, maybe you found out by yourself, already, but i want to add that the bug occurs in combination with the sort function of the city table. if i press the restore button after i sorted the list in any category, the list is emptied except for the city names. a subsequent change of either the palace city or forbidden palace city triggers the crash.

good luck ;)

Just downloaded and installed, but I get a "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range". The 1.0.7 version worked. I am playing an epic conquests game.

TimBentley said:
When loading a Conquests save, it said contacts were available for sale prior to the discovery of printing press (writing had been discovered). Normal C3C 1.22, by the way.
:blush: OK - should be fixed now (download it again - I've kept the version number the same though)

Three_Crowns said:
I also still get the err #9. Still an epic game with C3C 1.22
I'll need a save to fix it - I haven't tested this with many scenarios, especially C3C ones. If you can e-mail the save to me at gotm@civfanatics.net

Note - I won't be able to do it for the next week though. :(

I also seem to be getting the "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range" Error. Currently trying to play GOTM-5

The last version I have is 1.0.5, which seems to work fine.

Perhaps you could post links to the older versions, 1.0.7 and 1.0.8? for those of us who can't seem to use 1.0.9 until such time as things get fixed.

It just to damn great/usefull a program to do without!

Thanks

(I've Emailed a save file to you.)

P.S.
I just tried it with the GOTM-05 start, and that worked.
While the program was still loaded, I then tried to open up other files which I know *didn't* work, and they also loaded fine!

However, when I hit the 'resume Auto" button, I saw that at the top drop down box, there is an error message:

Cannot find C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilizat

I then used the '...' button to point to the correct directory, and things seem to be working again! yay.

Start the program

Under the "Select Game Version:"

1) Choose Manual
(Do not choose 'Conquest' !)

2) Click on the manual file button

3) Work your way over to you Civ3 saves
(On Mine, it starts in the "My Documents" folder, and I go to the default of the "C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Saves" folder)

4) Select 4000 BC save file. DO NOT select an auto save file.
(If you don't have one, start a new game and make one)
I'm using the "cotm_05_predator.sav" save file.

5) If the save opens up and everything goes right, you can then use the manual load to select other saves, which hopefully will now work.

6) If you wish to use the Auto load

First click on the '...' button and select the proper auto save directory
("C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Saves\Auto")

Then click "Resume Auto" button

Ok - thanks for the save, and thanks also to Taé Shala - I think you both have the same problem. Hopefully it is now fixed, but I take you suggestion Cryspen, I'll post a link to 1.0.7 as well. :) Gimme a few minutes to get the new version uploaded over my uselessly slow dial-up connection ;)

Edit - its there. :)

Good news & bad news.

The good news is, Version 1.0.10 now seems to load the files just fine.

The bad news is:

Under the 'Corruption' Tab

Changing any of the settings: Government, FP City, etc,
causes the program to crash with the error code:

Run-Time error '35600' Index out of Bounds

(The same error also occurs in 1.0.9
Version 1.0.5 and 1.0.7 seem to work fine)

(Happens with the save file I sent ealier)

Yeah - the corruption tab is very buggy, and not very accurate (OK as long as you're playing Civ / PTW and not looking at government changes). I've written a lot of the functions to fix it, but need to test them etc. Have been busy with other stuff, cause its one of my main objectives with this program. I won't have time to do anything in the next week or so though. :(

Top Bottom