Civ Assist

I thought the :mischief: would be enough to get away with it. Maybe I should include a ;), :smug: & :joke: just to make sure!

Yes! Better to be safe than banned! :lol:

(I knew you were joking. Maybe I should have included a ;) :joke: and :smug: too!)

ainwood said:
I think that the problem is with 587 different unit types - that's a few too many! :eek:

No. :p That actually is rather old. I restarted and added some more units.:p BTW I only have 510 folders in the units folder. :p

@Dianthus: I work on a 400Mhz P2. I actually did have the stops responding problem with one of your programs. I foget which one. But the others were able to load it. :goodjob:

An excellent program here :)

One thing I wanted to know for a city was how much it would be improved by a courthouse. It didn't appear there was a way to do this. Would it be possible to add info on the corruption tab, that gave the improvement (either in gold and shields, or percent, or both) to the town if it built one or two of the courthouse or police station?

Here is what I was envisioning. It is not the only way to do things; maybe something else would be better:

I was thinking of adding 0-2 column entries per city.
If a city had neither a courthouse or police station:
c or ps: 2s/2g(+15%) c+ps:3s/4g(+20%)
the 'c or ps' could also be 'c|ps' c/ps" or just 'c'.

If a city had just a courthouse it would have:
ps: 1s/3g(+10%)

If a city had just a police station it would have:
c: 10s/10g(+12%)

(One useful thing with this last statement is it tells you cities where you may have forgotten the courthouse).

If a city had both already the 2 columns would be empty.

The sum columns could also be used to show the total shields/gold one would have if every city had at least a courthouse, and the total shield/gold if every city had both.

If I am mistaken and I can find this out already with the tool (I have just started using this tool), then I would like to know how :D

In any case, it would be useful for the player to determine when to build a courthouse, and even what the affect would be to switch govts when the plan is to build some for towns shortly.

Actually knowing whether the gold was going to go to science, entertainment, or income would be useful, but that might be too much screen space (something like 'c+s:12s/30b/15g/5e(25%)'? ).

Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range

Well, I've checked all through this thread, and I've not yet found anything that helps me... I did see the workaround, but that's no good for me as my 4000BC autosave is gone.

PTW (latest patches) Epic game, no mods, selecting manual file, manual folder or PTW, it give the Run-time error '9'. It does this with every auto-save I tried so far.

If it helps, I did notice one thing in somebody else's post - they had renamed their civ Great Britain; I have renamed mine Carpathia. I doubt this is likely to be the cause, but it seems worth pointing out, just in case...

As a temporary fix, would I be able recreate the game using it's seed, and then use the 4000BC autosave from that, or will that not be sufficient?

Also, on the requested features front, would it be possible to add PBEM support? Obviosuly many of the features would be gone, but even the Civil Disorder checker on it's own would be of real use...

My thanks in advance for this nifty little proggy!

@Zild, have you still got the .sav that causes the error? If you have then send it to ainwood at gotm@civfanatics.net. These sorts of problems are so much easier to fix when a .sav file is available!

Zild said:
Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range
Version 1.07 probably would have worked for you. ;)

I have just posted v1.1.0. 1.0.10 was pretty nasty - I rushed out a few extra features before I tested it properly, as I was disappearing out of the country for a week. Anyway - in v1.1.0 I hope I've now resolved those. :)

In that case, may I be the first to congratulate you!

It works. Or, at least, it loads and appears to work, which is good enough for me right now ;)

Thank you :)

Portuguese said:
What is the error '9'?

What is out of range?

Oh, and BTW, Thx for the tool, for it seems it is a great tool to see files abd compare our empires in different saves :D
'error 9 - subscript out of range' happens when you try to get data from outside th bounds of an array, or put data into an array that hasn't bee properly dimensioned. Unfortunately, I'm a bit lazy, and most of the arrays in the program are dynamic ones ;)

Thank you very much for adding the "city has grown/shrunk" alert. You're the best. :thanx: [party] :bounce: :banana: :clap:

Wow. This kicks the proverbial and literal a**.

Just downloaded, and have the feeling that it will make me a much better player. Not because I didn't know how to MM, but because it was so easy to forget one step of it.

I'll be giving it a try on GOTM 36, so we shall see!

Thanks for providing this.

How is CivAssist measuring beakers per turn? It looks like it is picking up what I'll call raw beakers and does not take into account the additional beakers from libraries, univ etc...

I just dl'd the top 3 space finishes from COTM04 and CivAssisit shows a much lower number of beakers per turn than they are generating in the game. For example nbarclay's game shows over 2100 beakers while CivAssist is reporting only 941 beakers.

Hi ainwood!

I just analyzed a game with CivAssist. I tried the option of comparing governments.

Communism sucks usually if you compare, but we know, it does not, quite contrary.

It shows only the low scientific output due to no commercial bonus and stuff, but not the big boost in productivity.

Do you think it is possible to calculate overall shields produced / wasted at least approximately?

I too was comparing governments and it was giving me 90% corruption in cities when I switched to commmunism. I calculate it should have been about 50%.

I was in monarchy, and if I switched it to communism and then to monarchy, I would get a different number of gold than when I started.

The starting value also differed by (it said 104 gold and while the game said 102).

Possibly it isn't using C3C corruption? or some other bug?

(It has 34 cities and I calculated the OCN to be 66 (tiny map) so ~25% rank corruption. Distance corruption is always 1/4 without courthouse or police, so about 50% should be the worst. Many were listed at 90%.

The save I was testing on is in the following post at the end. I also ended turn to use the autosave to try that:
Post containing save

The corruption comparison tab is the one that needs the most work. It is 'ok' under Civ and PTW for base corruption and for showing the effects of moving palace of FP, although it is still normally about 1 gold/city out for around 10 - 20% of cities. When looking at the effects of changing governments, it is poor because I need to sort out a function to completely recalculate the base shields / gold for every tile - to get the effects of the despotism penalties or dem/rep trade bonus. I am working on it, but fixing other stuff first (EG I fixed a bug in the current trades, and fixed-up the culture20k last night).

Getting there, but it will take time.... :(

Top Bottom