Civ Assist

ainwood said:
Re gold to pay, AFAIK, the most difficult part is working out how much cash they have. I could try and make something spoiler safe around that, but it won't be easy. Might take a while.
I'm pretty sure I can get the amount of gpt they have available (I've got the main stats from the F1 screen) if you're interested. The bit I have more trouble with is the spoiler part. You can only find out how much gpt they've got if:
  • You've got sufficient worth of tradeable items.
  • The other civ is prepared to do gpt deals with you.

ainwood said:
@eldar - there is also the issue of knowing what the populations of the cities are, if you haven't had a world map in a hile. But that I guess is a minor spoiler.
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure the pop figures update even without trading maps. If they don't we'll have to look out for that in the .sav file format ;).

Dianthus said:
I'm pretty sure I can get the amount of gpt they have available (I've got the main stats from the F1 screen) if you're interested. The bit I have more trouble with is the spoiler part. You can only find out how much gpt they've got if:
  • You've got sufficient worth of tradeable items.
  • The other civ is prepared to do gpt deals with you.
If you've got that, then please!

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure the pop figures update even without trading maps. If they don't we'll have to look out for that in the .sav file format ;).
Not 100% sure, but I'm fairly sure that I've seen city sizes change when I've bought a world map.

Maybe its just a bitflag in that map overlays section you found? Maybe the pop is shown, but the city size graphic doesn't update etc? Maybe I should bother to take a look in detail ;)

I get the a "Runtime error 9 - Subscript out of range" error when I try to open my save file manually in version 1.1.1 or 1.0.7. I am using the unpatched version of Conquests.
Any suggestion plz?

Oh! So thats the problem. But I cant install the patch now as it would ruin my current saves. (Does 1.15f makes previous saves unplayable? I think 1.22f certainly does!)
Anyway thanx for helping me out.

Roland Johansen said:
I'm not really interested in how much they will pay for a certain tech (maybe Ginger_Ale is), but just how much they could possibly pay; how much gpt they have left. Is that also very difficult? Do you have to make difficult calculations or can you just get the information out of the game like you can with the total amount of gold they posses.

Either of the options - how much they have, and how much they would actually pay (ie; this could be just adding the "gpt" they have, by trading a tech for some # of gpt and seeing if it says 'never' or 'insulted').

I have another Bug for your collection, ainwood ! ;)

I've got the most recent versions (v.1.1.1, C3C 1.22) and am just short of discovering CodeOfLaws. The thing is, the alert monitor tells me "Tech will overrun N/A beakers" (in both windows), although I have the opportunity to adjust my tax rate and gain gold. This alert has been there since I started CivAssist(about 10 game turns ago). I already restarted both, so it's not just my computer.

Here's my save, ready for dissection :

Henry 1475 BC

Edited to add: Right after I posted this, and resumed playing, I got a "Runtime Error 70: Permission denied". Perhaps this helps...

Teshik said:
I've got the most recent versions (v.1.1.1, C3C 1.22) and am just short of discovering CodeOfLaws. The thing is, the alert monitor tells me "Tech will overrun N/A beakers" (in both windows), although I have the opportunity to adjust my tax rate and gain gold. This alert has been there since I started CivAssist(about 10 game turns ago). I already restarted both, so it's not just my computer.
I've noticed the same thing ("Tech will overrun N/A beakers" as a constant alert). I'm using v1.1.1 with PTW 1.27f. It worked properly in v1.1.0 but has not worked since I did the v1.1.1 update.

Version 1.1.2 posted. Thanks to all for providing the bug reports and the save-games to support them.

V 1.1.2
• Improved current trades screen.
• Fixed problem with garbled text with display of large numbers of alerts on alert form.
• Fixed problem with resources shown for trade before reqd tech was discovered.
• Fixed problem with goods already being imported shown as being available for a civ.
• Improved behaviour of lists when there are two on a page (items now linked).
• Fixed beaker counts and incorrect end-project data on technology screen.

Nice ainwood - I downloaded it 3 hours after you posted it - maybe I was first. :)

I really, really like how you made the text of the tabs blue. It's really pleasing to look at!

Hehe. I found a really minor bug, nothing much.

Description: I signed a 1 gpt deal with Babylon, and on the 20th turn when it expired, the My Trades screen said correctly "1 gpt to Babylon" on the expired trades part, but on the Alerts page, it said it said "Expired: 1 gpt to Netherlands." I am currently the Dutch in my game, so I think it just got the names confused or something.
(I attached the 2 screenshots of Civ Assist on the Trades and Alerts screen).

PS: This is the type of stuff they should include with Civ4! Helpful programs would be a *big* hit. :)

Here's another suspicious thing / possible bug ainwood:

Description: I'm still in the ancient age (C3C v1.22), I loaded up Civ Assist, and it tells me what civs know each other, via Contacts, which I shouldn't know about until Printing Press. Again, nothing major, just thought it was a bit interesting. :)

C3C 1.22, no mods.

On the 'production' tab - the 'Reqd' shields for unit production is wrong. Insists I still have 290+ shields required for a Horseman, and 280 for a Galley! Improvement shields look right. I guess this may be down to the different way Improvement and Unit costs are defined?

Neil. :cool:

C3C supports costs to be exactly set for units, that is not multiplied by the cost factor.

It is the value just after "require support" that can be used to know if you shallmultiply with the cost factor or not.

Yep - it looks like CivAssist is multiplying all shield costs by 10, though, i.e. Horsemen cost 300, Workers 100 etc., not just for Improvements as it should be :)

Ginger_Ale said:
Hehe. I found a really minor bug, nothing much.

Description: I signed a 1 gpt deal with Babylon, and on the 20th turn when it expired, the My Trades screen said correctly "1 gpt to Babylon" on the expired trades part, but on the Alerts page, it said it said "Expired: 1 gpt to Netherlands." I am currently the Dutch in my game, so I think it just got the names confused or something.
:hmm: I will investigate - it looks like that alert is referring to the wrong half of the deal (ie is from the Babylon perspective).

Ginger_Ale said:
Here's another suspicious thing / possible bug ainwood:

Description: I'm still in the ancient age (C3C v1.22), I loaded up Civ Assist, and it tells me what civs know each other, via Contacts, which I shouldn't know about until Printing Press. Again, nothing major, just thought it was a bit interesting. :)
Modded game? Although I did find something like this with an array not being erased when it should be with resources....

eldar said:
C3C 1.22, no mods.

On the 'production' tab - the 'Reqd' shields for unit production is wrong. Insists I still have 290+ shields required for a Horseman, and 280 for a Galley! Improvement shields look right. I guess this may be down to the different way Improvement and Unit costs are defined?

Gramphos said:
C3C supports costs to be exactly set for units, that is not multiplied by the cost factor.

It is the value just after "require support" that can be used to know if you shallmultiply with the cost factor or not.
Thanks Gramphos - is it simply a 1 = use exact costs / 0 = scale costs?

Top Bottom