Civ is stingy with Stone and Marble

See that's what I am talking about, there are a lot of Wonders that can be sped up with Marble or Stone. Which allows for quicker building of the Wonders. Glad you had a good start there IAM.

Yes but if the resources were so common that everyone had some then there would be no advantage as everyone would still build it at double speed. The point is so that you can build wonders faster than someone who doesn't have it.

Well I complained about not having Marble and Stone, so in my currrent game which I do have both of; I am now screwed out of Coal! lol Everyone but Spain has coal at the moment. So now I have to go to war and conquer someone to get some coal. Unfortunatly two of my vassals are sharing my continent and have coal in their borders.

That will teach me to complain about Stone and Marble.

Rocks may be commonplace but those that are suitable for the construction of Wonders may not be. The Egyptians had to transport their Limestone for a few hundred miles in order to build the Pyramids. There's also some speculation that the stones used at Stonehenge were brought in from the mainland.

I just wanted to chime in that as of now there is mounting evidence that the stones of the pyramids may have been made with some form of concrete. This was extremely technologically advanced for it's time and makes the construction even more amazing, albeit less labor intensive.

They literally poured the pyramids into place.

I just wanted to chime in that as of now there is mounting evidence that the stones of the pyramids may have been made with some form of concrete. This was extremely technologically advanced for it's time and makes the construction even more amazing, albeit less labor intensive.

They literally poured the pyramids into place.

Lies.

They:

1. Built a quarry over some stones
2. Chopped down the local forest, causing the desert we see today
3. Used a form of alchemy, which would have been enhanced by mathematics, in order to convert the lumber into stone applicable to the pyramids. Access to that quarry also made this alchemy more efficient.

Lies.

They:

3. Used a form of alchemy, which would have been enhanced by mathematics, in order to convert the lumber into stone applicable to the pyramids. Access to that quarry also made this alchemy more efficient.

enhanced by mathematics and by the precious elements in Ramsses' golden beard, you mean.

Wagging tongues say that, in an effort to fight overpopulation in Thebes during the Pyramids' construction, this alchemy also made use of leftover corpses remaining after the brutal rushed training of an extra team of workers, errr, alchemists.

Top Bottom