Civ IV available in shops in Germany

Stilgar08 said:
:woohoo: I will go to Game Castle after work! (just reserved a few copies (for me and two friends!!!) :woohoo: Awesome!!!

Thanks, folks!!

(Special thanks to Stauffenberg: I didn't know this shop! :) )

fyi: Media Markt Altona knows nothing about the pre-dating of Civ4!

you're welcome! really wish i had time to play before my deadline in december! :cry:

congratulations to you and have fun playing :)

I want to be a german!!! NOOOOOO!

Now i have to wait it just isnt fair.

Hmmm... would any germans be willing to buy me a copy and send it to me in the post.

well I bought mine at Media Markt Braunschweig...called them up at about 1 pm,asked if they got it and the salesman said "yes,just came in today"...so i went right to the store and got it :) Too bad I only got an hour to play before having to go to a soccer tournament,but i guess the night will be mine ;)

Orion66 said:
Rince ------> Is it possible to buy ENGLISH version in Germany??

Yes, the german version is mutlilingual. At the setup you can choose English, German, French and two or three other languages i don't remember.

And it works. I installed it in english and the game is completely english.

Rince

yeah,you can buy the "english" version here in Germany...the one you buy over here is the multilingual dvd version,so you can switch it to english

hehe rince,we were kinda on time on that one ;)

I think i will install it in german first and have another installation in english on my hard drive,so i can play whichever version i want :)

that's funny . in the end we have it earlier than the us boys. now i'm going to media markt in ulm.:woohoo:

Orion66 said:
Rince ------> Is it possible to buy ENGLISH version in Germany??
No need to, afaik the regular German edition will be completely multilingual (you choose which language to install), and contain all those nice boni from the US collector's edition (200 page manual, tech tree poster).

Can someone confirm if the game's already available at Saturn or Karstadt? We don't have a Media Mart here, and *all* the small shops vanished some 5 years ago.

WOOOOOHOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!:dance: :worship: :band:

Best news I've had in ages!!!
I'm off work in 2 hours, and I'll immediately... as in: like a shot... drive to Media Markt and get my copy!!!!

And here I was crying because I thought I'd have to wait another ten days...

*turning cartwheels around my desk*

Private Byrne said:
I want to be a german!!! NOOOOOO!

Now i have to wait it just isnt fair.

Hmmm... would any germans be willing to buy me a copy and send it to me in the post.

Those words from England?? Wait until the next world-cup, you'll want to be english again ;)

I would do it and send you a copy, but would need the money first... If it wasn't a joke, pm me, otherwise nevermind...

I doubt this really is necessary! I don't think Germany is ahead of you so much (I mean you'll get your release-date pushed, as well! (especially when you know it's basically the same DVD!)

Dragonlord said:
I'm off work in 2 hours, and I'll immediately... as in: like a shot... drive to Media Markt and get my copy!!!!

You should call the shop first... Media Markt HH Altona had no clue what I'm talking about when I asked about Civ 4....

Sigh... I don't suppose there's any new info on the UK/Ireland release date.

Meinen deutschen Freunden... enjoy Civ4!!!

Stilgar08 said:
Those words from England?? Wait until the next world-cup, you'll want to be english again ;)

Not so fast buddy, we Brazilians aren't dead yet :)

Back to the topic, great news! I'm really surprised that the Europeans got it first than US. Now I'm wondering, if the European is multilingual, does that explain why it is on a DVD (because of localized voice work?)?. What could you lucky guys tell us about localization?

Stilgar08
I would do it and send you a copy, but would need the money first... If it wasn't a joke, pm me, otherwise nevermind...

Thank for the offer but i guess there not much chance of the game arriving much sooner if i get it from germany, oh ill just have to bash those Saxons in Barbarian Invasion to make me feel better :joke:

All you German Civ fanatics have fun with your game tonight!!! Good news that someone this side of the Atlantic got the game first, bad news that it was on the wrong side of the English Channel lol
I have family that live near lake Constance, maybe it's time I payed them a visit!! ;)

Top Bottom