[CIV] New China

I guess, maybe it's a simple problem.
Did you choose "unzip to New China"? This would make another wrap folder of this mod, and cause the program to load nothing.
The folder tree should be like Mods/New China/Assets....
NOT like Mos/New China/New China/Assets....

Try to work on or try to get someone to work on a new civilization art work on your cities to make them look oriental and find a brand new artwork when your declared independance, along with a movie change on the declaration.

Try to work on or try to get someone to work on a new civilization art work on your cities to make them look oriental and find a brand new artwork when your declared independance, [...]

Did someone call on my expertise? ;)

Try to work on or try to get someone to work on a new civilization art work on your cities to make them look oriental and find a brand new artwork when your declared independance, along with a movie change on the declaration.

OK. I have been trying to use some flavoured units now. I'm not quite familiar with graphics, but I will improve this mod as much as I can.;)

This good enough for an early Chinese settlement? I took the ancient asian cityset from the Ethnic Citystyles mod, and removed the shadows... :mischief:
O yes, credits for the texture goes to Ganart. The cityset itself is from Warlords.

Never mind the facilities (lumber mill, courthouse, etc...) for now.

Attachments

• NewChina.jpg
    NewChina.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 327
The city style looks good.:)
Actually I thought about adding Chinese city style before. But I had some problem with the Colonization system. It seems much harder to add city style than to add special units. I need to change the LSystem.
Is anyone familiar with that?

I changed the LSystem to have this result. And you'd be hard pressed to find someone who has more experience with the CityLSystem then me. ;)

I'll transfer the files later tonight.

younflancy, here's the promised upload.

What you have here is two Asian citystyles, one for the early game, and one for the later (most likely post-revolution) era. I also put a new Asian style townhall in, and increased the size of the European townhall somewhat. If you want to check for yourself what I've done in xml, do a search for _ASIAN and _TOWN_HALL in the Civ4CityLSystem file, _TOWN_HALL in the Ci4ArtDefines_Building file, and ARTSTYLE_ASIAN in the Civ4CivilizationInfos file. The GlobalTypes file is necessary too because I needed to define the new artstyle in it for the mod.
What you haven't yet is improvements for the land, and the other colony facilities (churches, cathedrals, colleges,...). It's largely up to you to find graphics for those facilities and ask me or others to xml them in. ;)

I've put the files in the appropriate folder structure, so you should be able to easily place the files in your version of the mod.

If it doesn't work, I must have forgotten to include an xml file in the upload...

Post it when you have downloaded this, so I can free up my upload space.

younflancy, here's the promised upload.

What you have here is two Asian citystyles, one for the early game, and one for the later (most likely post-revolution) era. I also put a new Asian style townhall in, and increased the size of the European townhall somewhat. If you want to check for yourself what I've done in xml, do a search for _ASIAN and _TOWN_HALL in the Civ4CityLSystem file, _TOWN_HALL in the Ci4ArtDefines_Building file, and ARTSTYLE_ASIAN in the Civ4CivilizationInfos file. The GlobalTypes file is necessary too because I needed to define the new artstyle in it for the mod.
What you haven't yet is improvements for the land, and the other colony facilities (churches, cathedrals, colleges,...). It's largely up to you to find graphics for those facilities and ask me or others to xml them in. ;)

I've put the files in the appropriate folder structure, so you should be able to easily place the files in your version of the mod.

If it doesn't work, I must have forgotten to include an xml file in the upload...

Post it when you have downloaded this, so I can free up my upload space.

Many thanks! This would strongly improve my mod !
I have downloaded it! Now I'm at work, will try it tonight.:goodjob:

GeoModder:
I tried the city style, they look very nice!
I will use them in the next version of this MOD!
And a small suggestion. Now the " working house" on tiles seems a little big, could you make it smaller?
Thank you very much! I saw your thread in Graphics Modpacks board, you r very good at it! :)

Why, thank you for the compliment. ;)

And yes, I can make the "working house(s)" smaller. And while I'm at it, I'll link an asian-style one for the Chinese civ.

I have tested this city style with several friends, including my girlfriend. They like the appearance of the cities. :)

Is this compatible with AoD2?

Can anyone help me with making this mod work?
I installed it at C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\MODS. I loaded it and that worked. But when I went to single player I went to every category and looked for China and it was not there!

I'm having the same problem as well. I've followed the appropriate "breadcrums" listed. I even see it on my list of mods. However, when I try to load it tards-out and the program immediately exits. No error message or anything. Kindly assist!

Top Bottom