Civ Tech Tree

Well its not ONLY or

ie Horseback Riding dosn't open up Feudalism even though it is directly linked

As I said, I think you have to have a direct prerequisite, that is, one from the previous "block" (there are 4 or 5 per block, not sure of the name for these blocks"

OK, in that case you probably meant an 'advanced' or 'immediate' prerequisite. Horseback Riding would still be a 'direct' prerequisite as it doesn't go through anything else.

I could see that, I think the chance factor is still there (and # preq known/total # Prereq seems like the most sensible odds)

Hello everyone. Here's an excel file of the tech tree itself. It should serve as a nice visual companion to sigmakan's wonderful detail list. Perhaps when the full detail list is done, these two files can be combined into the definitive tech tree file!

Attachments

• CivRevTechTree1.0.jpg
    CivRevTechTree1.0.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 236
How can I upload this tech tree as an excel file or at least as a larger image?

How can I upload this tech tree as an excel file or at least as a larger image?
You can click the thumbnail to see the full size image.

To upload an excel file, you can zip it first using a program such as 7zip or WinZip, then attach to a post.

From what I've noticed inthedemo, you need the pre-requisite techs to unlock it. so for say, steam power you need invention, which requires engineering, which requires construction and mathematics,which both require (overall) iron working masonry and writing, and for those three you need, bronze working pottery and the alphabet.! it takes a while and you need to check out the tech planner fo' sho' :)

well,thats what i think at least

Yeah. At some point I might put together a list containg the critical paths to certain key technologies. The critical path is a term for the path through a multi-stage project that consumes the least amount of resources. BTW, the excel file works best if you print it out as a one page tall, two pages wide landscape document. Just tape together the two pages and there's your tech tree.

hey guys,

I just posted the full tech tree image to the gallery. You can see it by clicking the thumbnail below:

It doesn't contain any arrows... If someone could put the arrows in (doesn't look easy), that would be great. :)

Thank you Thunder :D

The cost i am getting is different than the ones stated in your images. Is there any particular setting needed? I was on Warlord.

This is the missing information from the image based on my settings though.

Advanced Flight:
Cost = 2150
Atomic Theory:
Cost = 1270
FTD = +2 Science in every city
Communism:
Cost = 770
Electronics:
Cost = 1570
Available = Better chance of getting Guglielmo Marconi - Great Scientist as next great person.
FTD = +2 Trade in every city
Flight:
Cost = 1620
Available = Fighter
FTD = Fighter
Globalization:
Cost = 3400
Available = Better chance of getting Albert Schweitzer - Great Humanitarian as next great person
FTD = +500 Gold
Mass Media:
Cost = 1110
FTD = +1 Population in every city
Mass Production:
Cost = 880
Networking:
Cost = 2290
FTD = -50% cost of Universities
Nuclear Power:
Cost = 2150
FTD = +2 Production in every city
Space Flight:
Cost = 5860
Available = SS Fuel, SS Propulsion, SS Life Support, SS Habitation, Apollo Program
FTD = Entire World Revealed
Superconductor:
Cost = 6740
FTD = SDI
The Automobile:
Cost = 1780
FTD = Artillery
The Corporation:
Cost = 720

The difference in cost is going to depend on if all prereqs were researched first. I need to go through and recheck all of the beaker values because at the time I didn't realize that you could research a tech without all prereqs so I blindly assumed the values I had were correct. I'm not going to bother updating the sheet until I get the actual game. When I get it I'll spend all night getting it into its 'final' form haha.

It seems like, if you have a lot of science going (100s of beakers per turn), prerequisites are a lot less likely to hold you back from researching things that you have at least one prerequisite for.

I think the amount of science plays a huge factor in whether you are allowed to skip pre-reqs.

So, if that's true, at least it gives us an idea of what to shoot for, if not an exact gameplan.

aye i have had that happen with me. When i had 1k+ of science I had about 12 techs available to try and research, as soon as I turned off my mega city it let me choose from 4.

Top Bottom