Civ: The Argentine

The files are:
http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ3/civs/argentina01.zip
http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ3/civs/argentina02.zip

Civ Name: Argentina.
Bonuses: Commercial and Agricultural (Militaristic)
Title and Leader Name: General José de San Martín.
Favorite and Shunned Government: Republic and Fascism (Monarchy)
Aggression Level: 03 (moderate).
Culture Group: American.
Noun: Argentine.
Adjective: Argentine
Default and Alternative colors: Light Blue (Americans) and Dark Blue (Germans).
Unique Unit: Granaderos a Caballo (replace Cavalry).
Civilopedia entry: RACE_ARGENTINA

Cities list:
Buenos Aires
Salta
Rosario
Córdoba
Mendoza
Paraná
Santa Fe
Santiago del Estero
Jujuy
Corrientes
La Plata
Mar del Plata
Santa Rosa
San Luis
La Rioja
Catamarca
Formosa
Resistencia
San Juan
Posadas
Viedma
Rawson
Comodoro Rivadavia
Venado Tuerto
Rafaela
Rio Gallegos
Rio Grande
Ushuaia
Trelew
Puerto Madryn
San Nicolás
Pilar
GualeguayChu
Neuquén
Concepción del Bermejo
Puerto Egmont
San Fernando del Valle
Chuquisaca
Huaquí
San Miguel de Tucuman
Rio Cuarto
Bahia Blanca
Mar del Plata
Viedma
San Carlos de Bariloche
Puerto Santa Cruz
Ushuaia
Misiones
Beuguen
Rio Negro
Salta
Concordia
Junín
San Isidro
Vicente López
Tandil
La Matanza
Formosa
Pergamino
Olavaria
Luján
Zárate

Military leaders:
Juan Domingo Perón
General Cornelio de Saavedra
Martín Güemes
Manuel Belgrano
Juan Manuel de Rosas

Scientific Leaders:
César Milstein
Bernardo Houssay
Jorge Luis Borges
Aldo Ferrer
Cosme Argerich

Civilopedia:
Argentina was discovered by Spain in 1514, when it sailors in Atlantic were looking for a passage to Pacific Ocean. These sailors discovered the Plata River (Silver River in Spanish), because its color, the colony was named Argentina (come from Argo, silver in Greek).
This land was inhabited by dozens of Native Indians as Querandíes, Puelches, Araucanos, Tobas, Patagones and Onas, that have started trade with the strangers after they arrived. Years after the discovery, disputes by lands and the intention of the Monarchy to use slavery work caused wars between Spanish, colonists and the natives, the battles in Buenos Aires in XVI century is an example of these ones. The Indians were killed, the survives have converted to Christians and married with the Europeans. Late, slaves from African were brought to work in Argentina and in the others Spanish colonies.
The trade of furs, wool and cotton were the main activity in colonial times. The ports in the coast and Plata Basin were numerous and were used to many sea routes. The Silver was extracted in others colonies, like Peru and Bolivia, not from Argentina.
The Independence process starts in 1776, when the English wanted free trade in South American ports and finish in 1820, when the Rebel Government from Buenos Aires finally defeat the Spanish army in the interior of Argentina, Bolivia, Peru and other colonies. Some historical figures appeared in this period, as Manuel Belgrano, Martín Güemes and Miguel de San Martin, hero of the Argentine Independence and his own cavalry, The Granaderos a Caballo. In these times other colonies of Spain strike on for freedom, as Paraguay and Uruguay.
The great leader in Civilization 3 is General Dom José de San Martin, an Argentine that studied in Spain and entered in its army, fighting against Napoleon forces in 1808. After this war, San Martin has returned to his country were knew the rebel officers of the colony, joining to Buenos Aires forces and creating the powerful mounted corp. called Granaderos a Caballo. The general fought against Spanish forces in present countries of South America, using audacious strategies, like the invasion of Valparaiso and Lima by sea, he conquest important victories to rebels of the colonies. General Dom José acted in politician decisions too. Across the dead of his wife and the Argentine Civil War, San Martin moved to France in 1824.
The republic was declared in 1.816, the nation was organized, native lands were conquest and the country entered in some internal conflicts (against the federation) and external one (Plata War and Paraguay War). The most important period of the Argentine politic was the Perionist Time in the XX century, centered in the image of Juan Domingo Peron, a populist politic.
Since the independence, the army is influent in Argentina, it took the government in different eras, for different reasons. The last period that it ruled the nation was between 1976 and 1983, with the probation of USA government, in the cold war. The army took the power saying the communist had the intention to conquest Argentina, the same argument was used in the military dictatorship in Brazil and Chile. In this time also happened some internal conflicts, the army could resolve them. This period was the most bloodily in the history of the country. In these years, Argentina involves in a war against England, disputing the control of Isla Malvinas (Falkland Islands), a government’s action to join all the country into a national cause.
Today, the country has some economical problems, result of the plan that fixed Peso exchange rate with the Dollar and the foreign debt. Argentina has agricultural activities (sunflower seeds, lemons, soybeans…), base industries and tourism. The life is heavy based in its capital, Buenos Aires and the people fall in love by soccer and them idol, Maradonna. The Patagonia is a rich area of natural resources, like Amazon in Brazil.
]

Granaderos a Caballo (UU):
It replaces Cavalry and has one extra defensive point.

looks awesome, but the smile of the industrial age guy is a little... creepy :(

I'd still prefer to wait for a good 3-d era specific of Eva Peron. (Yes, I realize her husband was the president, but I'm short on female leaderheads)

CelestinChild said:
I'd still prefer to wait for a good 3-d era specific of Eva Peron. (Yes, I realize her husband was the president, but I'm short on female leaderheads)

Is is your luck day Celestial, I hope in the future built 3 alternative leaders to Argentina, every one 3D, animated, era specific, icons included... They will be Evita Perón, Che Guevara and Juan Perón. ;)

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Love that Cavalry unit....looks like your getting better at making units Civarmy.... :goodjob:

Thanks Sword!
i'm uploading right now the files of the newest version of Argentine, when I finish it, I pm you.

subbss said:
This looks great :). There is a serious lack of South American modern day civs.

The smile on the guy in the lower left is very strange! :lol: :lol:
:rotfl:

Use the link of my signature to download more civis from South America. The civ Venezuela will be available in CFC in few hours, the civ Paraguay in few days. I hope u enjoy.

I´m glad that someone took time to make a civ from home, but just a small advice, I would make Los Granaderos A Caballo the UU instead of the Pucara. It´s true that the government of Perón was an important moment, but, world wide, the golden age was in the end of the XIX century, where we had the same productivity as North America.
Keep up the good work - Garfio55

garfio55 said:
I´m glad that someone took time to make a civ from home, but just a small advice, I would make Los Granaderos A Caballo the UU instead of the Pucara. It´s true that the government of Perón was an important moment, but, world wide, the golden age was in the end of the XIX century, where we had the same productivity as North America.
Keep up the good work - Garfio55

Thanks for teh support!!! :D
I'm producing the American Continent Mod, Argentina are in this mod, check this in http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=1922387#post1922387

CivArmy, great great great job, what you are doing is amazing. I never used the mods but I promise to learn how to just to use this one you created.

:thumbsup: :goodjob: :clap: :yeah: :cooool:

earthguido said:
CivArmy, great great great job, what you are doing is amazing. I never used the mods but I promise to learn how to just to use this one you created.

:thumbsup: :goodjob: :clap: :yeah: :cooool:

The files that I downloaded came with install instructions, fallow them, they are in English and Portuguese.
If u want, u can download two other Argentinian leaders, they are Che Guevara and Eva Perón, just use my signature link to find them :D . Juan Perón will be my next Argentinian one. If u like more Latin American leaders, including native ones, I did a lot of too, u find all them in www.geocities.com/civ_army_1994 (this is my page where u find all the links).
I have to restore San Martín to included him in some mods around CFC, soon he will won new arts and Granadero a Caballo as UU. :D

Thanks for enjoying!!!

Yay i cant wait to use this in my next game where i will get to kick some Argentine butt! gj! :) :goodjob:

jaja now Argentina is going to dominate the world with my hand. the work is great it has some errors in san martin leader Favorite gov. is monarchy, he thinks in a constitutional monarchy for argentina. and for Peron and Evita is democracy. and Ernesto "che" guevara the gov. can be too comunism.

Top Bottom