1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Carazycool, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Kjimmet

Kjimmet Chieftain

Is Saladin at war against Inca?

2. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

My favorite part is that apparently that is the most EXCELLENT site for his seat of government.

3. Klinn

Klinn Chieftain

Given this city's terrain, you might think I was playing as the Dutch instead of the Ottomans:

Good thing I hadn't gotten around to upgrading those old ships to coal powered ones or they would have been able to sail over almost all of the city's territory by now! :)

Kjimmet, Tech Osen, Kimiimaro and 2 others like this.
  4. Veriaqa

Veriaqa Chieftain

That's a pretty peninsula city.

5. local_hero

local_hero Chieftain

Since we had a cultural alliance he actually finished it and made the city a pain to get rid off. Made an economic alliance with him next time and got lucky with timing. The city revolted when that alliance finished so I razed it. Aaaand I blocked off a tile he really wanted to settle too, so guess we were both bad bros. :)

Kjimmet, Jkchart and WillowBrook like this.
  6. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

I'm glad you got rid of it! That would've pained me to no end to have that abomination there forever. Of course, now I just do the same thing right back to the AI and will found cities literally on their border for petty reasons such as "that's my cow"

local_hero likes this.
  7. MaryKB

MaryKB Warlord

I did something sort of like that in my multiplayer game I'm playing with my friend (side note, she's starting to get much better!), but mine is far more devious. I started on my own private landmass, while everyone else literally was on a single continent, so I couldn't use my Court of Love powers. But I found this lovely little patch of land between Canada and the Inca, which for the life of me I can't figure out why neither of them ever settled there ... two sources of coal, two rivers, floodplains, horses, deer, cattle ...

Anyway, I marched musketman and my settler all the way over there. Then I brought in Reyna to buy some districts, mostly I desperately needed my Harbor so I could warp Magellan in and use him to get +8 loyalty (with that lovely Mausoleum!) I also spent all my money and faith buying some Great Engineers to give me more districts and rush build some wonders. Hermitage is also still available, I plan to get this city full of great works, and then I'll use it to start my love-conquest of Canada, Inca, and Zululand, lol!

Amboise.jpg

8. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

I would hate that placement so much XD

MaryKB likes this.
  9. MrRadar

MrRadar Chieftain

Watch out for those Canadian pirates from the Lake Retba, so they don't steal your great works... and your love! I see, they've got some experience :lol:

MaryKB likes this.
  10. local_hero

local_hero Chieftain

Found this gem from a pre patch game I played. Have seen other images of poor Kupe capitals, but it's still funny. So many turns spent on building the Great Lighthouse too...

Attached Files:

Leucarum, Zaarin, Kimiimaro and 4 others like this.
  11. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

I am legitimately impressed that he has The Great Lighthouse in it though since he has absolutely no land tiles there.

Zaarin likes this.
  12. Klinn

Klinn Chieftain

"There's always a lighthouse. There's always a Maroi. There's always a city."

13. MrRadar

MrRadar Chieftain

Well, even more reasons to lure in all possible food by any means necessary. Legend has it, a lot of ships docked there, considerably less were seen to sail away, and none of them to tell any kind of story :mischief:

14. Tyroq

Tyroq Chieftain

15. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

One game I played recently I got the message on turn 10 that Gilgamesh had conquered Maori capital. No bromance there

16. Klinn

Klinn Chieftain

"Ummm, I think we've overshot a little bit. Anyone got a map?"

In case you're wondering, I did the "One More Turn" thing after getting the science victory and for some bizarre reason England immediately decided to DoW me. Bizarre because my military vastly outclassed hers. So I upgraded my ships to missile cruisers and destroyers then sailed over to take London. During that time, my Exoplanet Expedition continued zipping along, no doubt toasting their recent success and forgetting to check exactly where they were. :)

17. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Was your ship's sponsor Buy'N'Large by any chance? :p

MrRadar and Klinn like this.
  18. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

See that's the problem with acceleration in space. You have to begin decelerating at some point. And nobody at the destination is going to help you slow down by shooting lasers at you.

19. Tyroq

Tyroq Chieftain

20. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

That reminds me of an episode of Star Trek Enterprise where the writers totally forgot that inertia is a thing and mass is irrelevant in zero-G. Considering the overall quality of the science and writing on that show (that also brought us such gems as committing genocide in the name of Predestined Evolution and it's okay to overlook sentient rights abuse if the alien captain is a really nice guy), that's not really shocking. :p