Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

The heat from the volcano keeps them warm.

wow that concert was lit

Is this normal?
upload_2020-6-4_18-14-3.png

Absolutely. Scythians will not touch wheat. Kurgans is where the horsemans souls reside. :mischief:

Too bad Tomyris likes teh UI so much, almost like Gilga loves his zikkurats

Of course, all them Kurgans implies that an awful lot of Scythian leaders have been dying lately, which makes you wonder just how well they are really doing.

The 'Steppe Horsemen' motif for the Scythians would have been much better served if they were allowed to get Farm/Resource-like Food bonuses from Pastures, with maybe an added Production - Culture bonus from Pastures with Horses . . .

I decided to share some fun (for me at least) grabs from an AI only series I'm tentatively planning and testing.

Spoiler England v France :

Early on, Eleanor and Catherine are bitter rivals, Catherine insisting on the rightful throne of France, while England clings to their settlement. Philip is not all too concerned either way, and says Catherine should try harder.
Spoiler :

Eleanor sets up for the 100 years war, while claiming her heritage from Philip

While her armies were insufficient, Eleanor's culture and court of love lured the favor of the Parisians from Catherine.
Spoiler :

Over time, the people of all of England, France, Aquitaine, the Italian peninsula (France and Greece), and Northern Africa all see themselves as more loyal to England than anything else
Spoiler :

And why not Norway for good measure?
Spoiler :

This game also saw some not altogether terrible infrastructure by the AI, including a particularly lovely Golden Gate Bridge

Meanwhile, my test game chose eight civs from Europe to India (Eleanor of England, Catherine de Medici, Harald Hardrada, Jadwiga, Pericles, Philip, Suleiman, and Chandragupta), plus an extra civ for spectating as (which does not receive the deity difficulty AI benefits). I chose Gitarja, as the AI on the Greatest Earth Map TSL is usually gimped with that start, and they should not become too impactful on the overall game. The hope is that when doing the non-test series I produce one winner for this game, one more for two further games covering the rest of the Europe to India civs, one for East Asia through Oceania, one for Africa (with Ethiopia and Dido), and one for the Americas. The winners of these games would then play each other in a final matchup

I enabled all victories, and set a turn limit of 351 (so I could decided the winner in none were achieved within 350 turns by score- with bonuses for progress to each victory type added to the final score).

The end result of my test? Surely England with their massive loyatly flipped empire led, as well as control of most of subsharan Africa through settlements? Maybe Poland who were free to cultivate all of Russia, and also took the Greek and Ottoman homeland and capitals? Maybe India, with the most room to expand and only chosen neighbors, as well as the Arabian Peninsula and the East African coast? Uhh, Spain who settled Iberia, Morocco, and North America?

Nope. It was the gimped non-contender spectator civ Indonesia, winning a diplomatic victory just before the timer runs out, even taking advantage of the Statue of Liberty wonder (beating all the advantages of the other civs to build it).
Spoiler :

So, this trial is a bust. Do I say no one one (because Indonesia doesn't really count, and gets to compete with deity bonuses in the East Asia and Oceania game)? Enland, far and away the score leader, and competitive in most victory types? Poland, runner up in score and culturue, tied for domination lead, leading on religion, and the only civ to launch (but not complete) the exoplanet expedition? This hypothetical series will need work regardless lol.

Here are rough plans:
Spoiler :
Screenshot_20200609-234008__01.jpg

Last edited:

Somebody has been eating at Taco Bell and somebody is about to join them

I decided to share some fun (for me at least) grabs from an AI only series I'm tentatively planning and testing.
Enjoyed the post. Although I think the ones without neighbours on one side got a bit of an unfair advantage. Especially valid for India in your game.

Enjoyed the post. Although I think the ones without neighbours on one side got a bit of an unfair advantage. Especially valid for India in your game.
It's definitely something I grappled with. India started out well ahead, and clearly Poland also excelled. I was only somewhat mollified in this round by England being the clear best (and in another France doing similarly well after splitting Germany with Russia). That said, I'm not sure any Greeks will ever stand a chance. Not sure of a good way around it. The Americas do a fair job of balancing it with the relatively limited expansion space, though the Maya suffer if they don't hold off early invasions.

It's definitely something I grappled with. India started out well ahead, and clearly Poland also excelled. I was only somewhat mollified in this round by England being the clear best (and in another France doing similarly well after splitting Germany with Russia). That said, I'm not sure any Greeks will ever stand a chance. Not sure of a good way around it. The Americas do a fair job of balancing it with the relatively limited expansion space, though the Maya suffer if they don't hold off early invasions.
Sort of played your game recently, but with about 20 civs. I didn't touch Europe/Africa until really late (played Inca). England did sort of poor up to renaissance, but when Rome, Germany and Mali got dark ages, Eleanor really began to shine and expanded widely into Europe and North Africa. Regarding Greece, I thing they were also in my game the first to go.

Hello there neighbor, just building a fast route to your capital for...
...no reason at all really.

View attachment 559781
The funny things is that I ended up invading from the other side so all this effort was a waste.

I worry for the teeth of my citizens.

View attachment 559782

You were playing as Columbia, I thought your people carried Roads in their pockets.

Top Bottom